RRS takes out Bikers in NYC!

Caporegime
Just watching the morning news here in the US. Needless to say, its made big news. Anyway, they're now saying the driver of the RRS may now face charges.

They give a reason for that? From what I've seen in the video they'd struggle to justify it! Certainly, it seems like the bikers that are purely in the wrong. If he did randomly run in to one of them they should have called the police, reported his plate and at most tailed him at a safe distance.

Soldato
Non bikers do, especially if they have had problems with bikers in the past!

Hell, the amount of times I've met idiots on bikes makes me nervous when any biker starts to act even remotely odd around me on the road.

I've been in a situation when (fortunately only one biker) I've had a biker punching my window, for what I could only believe to be me catching him up on a twisty road.

Rightly or wrongly, I've had enough "experiences" and witnessed enough stupidity with bikers that I generally tar them all with the "idiot" brush until they prove me wrong.

I have to agree. I haven't experienced any physical violence or damage thankfully, but I had one wanting me to pull over to the hard shoulder of the M3 (presumably for "words") because I pulled out into lane 3 as he was blasting along in the distance behind me at high speeds, and he took offence to me getting in his way by performing a perfectly safe and legal maneuver, clearly. He pulled alongside me after we exchanged gestures and invited me to stop. Someone in a car with a less of a level head could have quite easily just side-swiped him. ****.

No idea what direction this thread has headed in as I haven't read it all, but I thought I'd add my tuppence :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
I flashed and beeped a car for cutting into my lane so close I couldn't see his numberplate and his response was to brake test and harass me up the M1 for 10 miles before I had to dummy him off at a junction to get him off my case. Too many nutters about, it's bad enough in a car let alone on a bike.

Soldato
I flashed and beeped a car for cutting into my lane so close I couldn't see his numberplate and his response was to brake test and harass me up the M1 for 10 miles before I had to dummy him off at a junction to get him off my case. Too many nutters about, it's bad enough in a car let alone on a bike.

I've had this on the M25 during which a bunch of tools in a Corsa who wanted to "race" me in the Evo. I was ambling the car back to Brighton in the evening after a pretty long drive from Ireland and was no mood for automotive shennanigans, but these idiots would just over take and cut in front and brake in order to try and get me to overtake. Idiots.

Soldato
I think for the RRS driver, his problems have just started. This is a gang who's had one of their own paralyzed and my guess is that they'll probably seek revenge.

I wish we knew what happened that caused the initial biker to brake test him. What damage was actually done to the RRS, that actually caused him to run them over like them way he did.

Was his life actually in actual danger? or did he overreact?

Looking at the other side of the coin, imagine you're riding in a group, ok, perhaps you're all a little menacing pulling wheelies and so on.. Anyway, your group all slows down.. Remember you're not in communication with them just following what everyone else is doing. So you slow down too.. OK there's a bit of a kerfuffle going on a few bikes back towards a RRJ, that's really all you know for now. You're curious, you're looking over your shoulder to see whats going on.. Next thing you know, you're being mowed down by the RRJ. Now you've had your spine crushed. Was it your fault, just because one or maybe more in your party were being idiots?

We really need to know what was done to cause the driver to react like that. Yes he had his child in the car, yes there was a gang like, who lets face it, are not a bunch of 40+ Frank Thomas's on their fazers that you're probably more accustom too. These stuntz riders are typically black, and like to look menacing, with hells angel style clothing / helmets. Skull face coverings. So yep they're scarier than your average bike gang. However even if he upset them, putting his hands up and apologizing, my guess is that ut would have probably just resulted in a foot in the door, as appose to being chased down for nearly killing a few of them, and now forever having to live in fear..

Of course it could have all gone the other way, and he been shot, but really, i think that's most probably unlikely, and he could have diffused the situation, and the driving off, should really have been the ABSOLUTE last course of action. Cos when you're mowing down people, you're mowing down people in front of you, who probably have little to no idea of really what's going on.

Being chased down AFTER you've run people over is also acceptable. The rider who attacked the RRJ after he got cornered in, handed himself in. It could be argued that he was acting in self defense to stop others being attacked.

As a family man, and a biker, I would like to think I'd of tried a little more to diffuse the situation. Thugs or no thugs, i think once they realized they were harassing a family, rather than some rich boy in an RRJ they'd of probably backed off.

Soldato
I think for the RRS driver, his problems have just started. This is a gang who's had one of their own paralyzed and my guess is that they'll probably seek revenge.

I don't think so.

As we've already been discussing for sometime in the thread, this isn't an organised gang we are talking about, they aren't a chapter of the Hells Angels. These are a rag tag bunch of individuals with a mantra of "Bring Whatever You Got" to the meet, its more of a flash mob style meetup than a proper gang.

Seeking revenge wouldn't be wise when its a case being reported on worldwide and you are likely to easily find yourself in trouble.

I'm also surprised the guy hasn't deleted all his other YouTube videos yet. Although no doubt somebody has copied them anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
... and that right my friends, is someone who knows they are right because they always are.
*quote for #115

Fixed it for you ;)

-

Hopefully some good comes from this, as they are just a bunch of thugs who spoil it for proper bikers. I have no problem with them or cyclists, apart from when they 'know' they're right, when blatently aren't.

Soldato
I don't think so.

As we've already been discussing for sometime in the thread, this isn't an organised gang we are talking about, they aren't a chapter of the Hells Angels. These are a rag tag bunch of individuals with a mantra of "Bring Whatever You Got" to the meet, its more of a flash mob style meetup than a proper gang.

Seeking revenge wouldn't be wise when its a case being reported on worldwide and you are likely to easily find yourself in trouble.

I'm also surprised the guy hasn't deleted all his other YouTube videos yet. Although no doubt somebody has copied them anyway.

ok then, his friends and family, and going by the tats on his wife's neck, they're probably not a very nice bunch, will be out for revenge. Also with it being so public, its going to be hard to actually pin it on someone. The revenge that is. I personally would not like to be in his boots.

Soldato
mount a "cow catcher" to the front of the RRS? that way if he needs to make another get away it will carefully relocate the riders either side of the vehicle, leaving no one run over and create a path :)

80143d1209838350-my-new-cow-catcher-cowcatcher1.jpg

*thinks back to simpsons episode where Mr.Burns is with Smithers in his car and they are surrounded by a giant crowd of people and Burns utters the words..... "Deploy the cow catcher".....works very effectively xD *

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There's no way, on balance of the information available to us, that anyone can even partially defend the bikers.

There's no way, on balance of information available to us, that anyone can even begin to judge the driver of the Range Rover.

Anyone doing either is either stupid, ignorant or trolling.

Soldato
There's no way, on balance of the information available to us, that anyone can even partially defend the bikers.

There's no way, on balance of information available to us, that anyone can even begin to judge the driver of the Range Rover.

Anyone doing either is either stupid, ignorant or trolling.

Delete the thread then? If no discussion can be had?!

Soldato
ok then, his friends and family, and going by the tats on his wife's neck, they're probably not a very nice bunch, will be out for revenge. Also with it being so public, its going to be hard to actually pin it on someone. The revenge that is. I personally would not like to be in his boots.

I think you are living in another world.

The majority of those Bikers in the videos won't know each other, they were a random pack that all joined together for their ride out. While the mentality in that situation was to protect and assist the person involved in an argument, and to then go on a rampage in some cases, that isn't now going to extend to getting revenge on somebody.

You are also talking about people who have been arrested, along with their friends and people they didn't know who were riding in that gang; as a result they will be aware that with the Police involved, any unscrupulous activities are going to get them in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom