***Project Logs Rules and Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting*** - UPDATED 01/06/16

Caporegime
Why th hell have i got this thing "I did NOT read the rules for the project log section.
This has lead to me being suspended and looking very silly.
" on my text even know i don't have project yet???!!!!!

If you have any questions regarding your suspension then contact the moderator who suspended you.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Image quoting in this section is not allowed. Ask a question. Nobody has a project so complicated that a single question will not suffice.

Far too many people are quoting multiple image posts in the first or second reply. It is not warranted and looks stupid. The op has posted their work. It doesn't need to be repeated in order for someone to comment on what a great job they did or to ask how they wired a switch.

There are rules in this very thread for the project log section. Regardless of people not reading them, a mass of image quoting is a poor posting style.

If people wish to present their work here, they are doing so out of pride in their work. They are posting as their work is pleasing to them and want a project log to reflect that.

For some ignorant person to then essentially make it look like a double post is rude and inconsiderate.

So don't do it.

Soldato
Here Here! I think whole post image quoting should count as an infraction. 3 strikes and your on holiday.

Quoting specific pictures as far as im concerned is fine if its to address a specific point.

I hate it when people quote a bunch of images and their only comment is "nice" GRRR

Caporegime
I wonder how many people have taken the closed W/C loop rule seriously :p

You guyz... ;)

Also, if we want to ask a question about a specific image, can we quote the image if we spoiler tag it?

I personally wouldn't bother quoting an image in the first place because as you say, almost always a single question without a picture for reference is fine, was just wondering. :)

I understand where you are coming from, I moderate a (far less well known/used) forum, and even then it is annoying. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
couple of questions so i hope i have this in the right section (wasnt sure where to ask)
1. what is the best/easiest software to use to design a new build. tried sketch up but it did my head in with its build up take away style.

2. once i have designs and start a log would it be better letting people know right from the start that it will be an on off project as due to commitments there will be weeks when i wont get to work on it. it would be a case of doing stuff as and when i can rather than having a structured build plan.

any other tips for a new builder would be muchly apreciated

Associate
Im new to forums so will my inexperience be severely punished if i post my log and make mistakes. The rules are too complicated to follow, i just want to post my log photos and have some feedback? Im prepared to follow rules i just dont want to go to the trouble of resizing all images and then posting them all just to get it wiped off. I know this has been discussed above but i need one of those corsair h series fans so am i not allowed to post an image that includes one?

Soldato
It's pretty simple mate :)

Don't post pics bigger than 1280px wide (800x600 preferred), keep on topic and don't quote images.

The AIO cooler thing is mostly just a bit of fun. It's just that slapping an H100 or aircooler in a build isn't that interesting compared to seeing someone build a proper loop and show their (often unique) way of getting it all together with handpicked parts and sometimes having to make modifications.

Associate
To make it more simple and tidy, put your pics in 'spoiler' brackets so even if someone is mad enough to anger rjk with quoting images, they will still show only if you click the 'spoiler' button.

Ps. By the way, that sig change looks hilarious, rjk :). Great idea, haha.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Project Log Rules updated.

Spoiler tags should not be used in any build log. Do not put your pictures in spoiler tags. nobody wants to click every single picture individually. Unsurprisingly, they are in your thread to see your work.

Back
Top Bottom