Napoloean Zwart Wit Kogel sweets - I almost threw up!

Associate
I find it odd that you think it's down to culture. I tried some the other day and found it quite nice but then I do enjoy liqourice and the salt adds to the flavour I think.

Soldato
A colleague brought some of these back from a trip and I think I had tried it before.

Certainly an aquired taste, I ate one but I wouldn't say I am in a rush to have another one soon.

It is weird, they can be sort of licorice, chili, salty, sweet all going on. Very odd. :D

Associate
OP
I suppose what made these sweets worse is that they don't tase too bad until the outer shell dissolves and you get this shot of foul tasting liquid in your mouth lol. Particularly horrible if you weren't expecting it either..

As Gilly says though in general surely you develop your palate based upon the tastes and textures you are exposed to as you grow up. That's not to say that it can't be developed or appreciated by people from other cultures as well of course..

PapaLazuru, I did say I imagagined it would taste like ejaculate ;) That vodka sounds interesting but based on my experience of it so far I think I'd still give it a miss lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Used to quite like salmiak, I used to order my snus from a Swedish company that also sold some groceries like biscuits and sweets so worked my way through their selection :p

A lot of people hated it though, it's a strong flavour which people are instantly put off by I think.

Associate
Brought some back for work once, didn't tip anyone off :D

Mind you, the durian chocs that someone else brought in a few months ago easily surpassed them in foulness.

Back
Top Bottom