What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Definitely.
What makes it even worse is that the very last scene is where things actually get slightly interesting, and then it ends.

+1
Really annoying how it came up with a twist then suddenly the credits start scrolling down. Felt as if there should have been another 15 minutes before the end!

Soldato
The Lone Ranger - 4/10

Way too long, it could easily cut an hour. Armie Hammer makes a poor Lone Ranger and Johnny Depp is just playing Captain Jacks distant cousin.

Soldato
Skyline - some nice bits (the alien vaccum cleaner taking people up, the giant car crushing foot etc) but generally a real mess. The string of good luck that the two mains go through (i.e. how many times they're saved by a missile, a shot, dumb luck etc) is ridiculous. :D

Plus, I really wanted to see how to battle fleet off the coast go taken out. You only ever see the aftermath in the background.

Associate
Pacific Rim
4/10

Visually impressive but the ending had me face palm so hard I couldn't believe it. It made the previous hour's action utterly moronic.

Soldato
Watched three movies this weekend. Mixed results.

This Is The End: I liked it - the other half left the room muttering about childish humour. It had a few :D moments and a few :eek: moments. Some good cameos too. I'd watch it again. 7/10

Oblivion: Typical Cruise film - except this time he's in a flying sperm. Entertaining at points, ridiculous plot (with plenty of holes) and some of the acting made me want to cry laughing, but not a bad movie really. 6/10

After Earth: Worst movie of the lot by a long shot. Some of the cinematography/special effects were amazing, but the story was completely predictable and the acting, from both Smiths, was awful. Smith junior is particularly bad. 3/10

Soldato
Avengers Assemble.

Not bad, mostly comedic fun. But assumes the viewers know something about who Hawkeye, Black Widow and Nick Fury are... unless I missed their movies?
I get Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America and all the Stan Lee cameos, but I felt like I'd missed some other movies or something...

Man of Honour
Avengers Assemble.

Not bad, mostly comedic fun. But assumes the viewers know something about who Hawkeye, Black Widow and Nick Fury are... unless I missed their movies?
I get Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America and all the Stan Lee cameos, but I felt like I'd missed some other movies or something...

How the hell does one simply walk into the Avengers not knowing who Nick Fury is? The other two I can understand...but Nick Fury??

Sho

Sho

Soldato
The Lone Ranger - What utter rubbish. 2/10

Pacific Rim - 7/10. Good movie this. Giant robots vs giant monsters, can't go wrong.

Caporegime
You know who Samuel Jackson is, right?

Yes, but what has him got to do with the mythology of Nick Fury? Except that he is the head of SHIElD. Was Nick Fury starred in Pulp Fiction and been on Jay Leno?

I don't know if he has any special powers, I don't know why he wears an eye patch, I don't know if he has any skills at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh, so you meant you don't know what his backstory is? In the movies, it's enough to know that he runs SHIELD I guess.

Well, he doesn't have any special powers, but he's 'got skills yo'. You'll have to look up the rest :)

Back
Top Bottom