Heating on yet ?

Soldato
Winter draws us in.....who still remains shivering with the heating off ?

I am for one....I refuse to do it until the temp drops to single figures.

We use a small heater just to heat the room we are in a bit if it feels cold and wear a jumper.

Still opening the bedroom windows at night, but close them up in the day.

Got a small server in our little study atm which warms it up pretty nicely rather than the utility room it usually sits in.

Soldato
Just moved into a flat (2 weeks) and have had the smallest storage heater on 3,just testing out the flat really to see what its like with the colder weather,have got another 2 heaters but wont put them on for another month or so.

Soldato
I live in uni halls. The building is new so it has been insulated to hell and back. I also live in the room above the boilers. Last night was the first night where I could sleep with the fan turned off. Still too warm for a duvet though (just using the cover on its own)

Associate
Not on yet, though I accidentally left my bedroom window wide open today so house temp is down to 16degrees. PC and stove will heat up the bit I'm in enough for this evening though :D

Associate
The most of heating oil is a real burden for most, I pay £100 per month. We have been lucky this year so it has stayed nice a mild in n.Ireland.

My wife always insisted on putting the heating on in the morning so she and the kids could get ready in the heat, I always thought this to be a waste as it takes quiet a lot of oil to heat up the house for the short time she wanted it on. I bought a oil filled radiator with a built in timer, it goes on at 6:30 for 2 hours and heats the living room only, makes it nice and warm and since that is where they spend most of the tike it's ideal.

Caporegime
mine has been broken should be fixed today or friday.

bloody cold today up here! I'm shivering a bit!

My CPU is at 27c @ 4ghz lol idle though and my gpu is at 24c idle

GRR not getting fixed until tomorrow now :mad:

I might sleep in joggy bottoms and a top or move my microwave oven into the bedroom and stick it on 240c for 30mins before I go to bed

I hate sleeping in the cold I wake up smelling worse than when it's summer and feel like I must wash all my bedding :(

Soldato
We couldn't have the heating on if we wanted to as the boiler packed up last year. The British gas guy who was replacing our meters decided the flame looked wrong on our gas fire as well, so he condemned it :(.

Back
Top Bottom