Heating on yet ?

Heating stays off in my house between March and October. The main exception was April 2012 where I left it on due to it being -5C most nights.

I'm hot bloodied and the only time I feel cold at this time of the year is first thing in the morning out of the shower. I'll just give one of those £20 Argos foot heaters a quick 5-minute blast to help dry me out. I know electric heaters aren't as efficient, but it's definitely better running that for 5 minutes localised on me than turning the whole house heating on.

I'm not wearing coats yet, just a brolly if it rains.

Soldato
i'm wearing shorts and a tshirt still....

Heating doesn't go on in our house :| Maybe if i have a few pennies when i move out i'll be more generous with the radiators, but my mum doesn't have the money to waste.

+1 for the t-shirt and shorts bit. Drinking a nice cold beer. In my house though no me Ma's - she'd have the radiators set to Sahara from the second the nights start to draw in post solstice

Man of Honour
After my comment early, I wouldn't be surprised if heaters do come on tonight heating is never off, just thermostat set to 15c, its already dropped to 16c in the house.

Soldato
Getting cold at work but we have no heating so it can't be on :( portable heaters out soon if it keeps getting colder.

Home we haven't bothered with it yet as the PC acts as a mini heater on it's own.

Associate
Ours is just left on a timer that comes on between 6-8am and 5-10pm. I just leave it on with the thermostat set at 20C.

It came on a few days about 3 weeks ago and has come on the last few days for a bit.

I don't get the whole "it must stay off until this date" mentality.

Associate
Owned my flat 18 months and never once turned the heating on. For 6 months of the year I have the balcony doors open for most of the time I am in.

I'll have to send the girl in the flat below me a thank you card sometime

Last edited:
Soldato
Ours is just left on a timer that comes on between 6-8am and 5-10pm. I just leave it on with the thermostat set at 20C.

It came on a few days about 3 weeks ago and has come on the last few days for a bit.

I don't get the whole "it must stay off until this date" mentality.

I don't like the whole "heat up the whole house regardless" mentality :p

I have induvidual digital TRVs though so I technically have zones in each room, but I still keep it off until we feel the need.

Soldato
Had a guest round this evening so I turned it on, I turned it off as soon as he had gone. We were downstairs where it is all open plan and quite cold. Now I am in my bedroom where the computer is on 24/7 I don't need it. I only closed the window a few days ago, it has been open for about 6 months. My house is mega insulated.

Back
Top Bottom