upgrading samsung nc10 to ssd

Associate
I'm looking to Upgrade ageing nc10 to ssd as its so bloody slow, anyboby recommend an ssd for this or any other pointers, small capacity is fine and cheapest will probably be best as system is so old.
I have win 7 64 that I could put on it but not sure if it can run it anyhow.
Also have a shuttle PC running a p4 3ghz but maybe could put a sata card in it and do the same maybe with an ssd? Both these system are running xp home
Cheers ninja

Soldato
don't bother. NC10 is crippled by single core Atom anyway, SSD is a waste of money.

the second system ditto.

you need to do some serious upgrades first.

Associate
OP
These are my parents systems, they are just used for internet and email, just wondered if it would have been a cheaper option rather than buying new systems,
for what there used for, as they are just so bloody slow lol.
Ninja

Soldato
A netbook with an ssd is lovely. I'm still coding on a nc10 with 30gb ocz vertex.

It's actually very nice to use. Fluid, responsive. It does take a long time to compile.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Just get the absolute cheapest SSD that is big enough for what you want. It will make a massive difference to the usability of the device. Just make sure you are paying very little as you are essentially pouring money down the drain. The cheapest SSD I've ever bought was the 60GB OCZ for £30 (incl. free shipping!) from Overclockers quite a while ago. That would be the perfect upgrade for the NC10.

You can get a Crucial V4 for £42:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-019-CR&groupid=1657&catid=2101&subcat=2102

Associate
OP
ok thanks for the replys, already ordered x2 sandisk 64 units, what imaging software do you recommend? will be interesting to see the difference once swapped over still gonna use xp to keep costs down though as I said these are only used for surfing and email.

Cheers
Ninja

Associate
OP
ok well i have imaged existing harddrive and swapped it for the ssd but its quicker but not snappy. maybe ive missed somthing in bios i have checked for firmware update using sandisk update tool, but found no firmware update. anyone got any ideas that i could try?

Cheers in advance

Ninja

Soldato
Before anyone chimes in that Atoms are just slow junk, well they are, but I had a Lenovo S10e with an N270 Atom, with an SSD, Windows 7 was fine in day to day use. Office 2011 too. It struggled with Flash somewhat, but that's to be expected

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Since it's a new drive, why don't you do a fresh install? You always have the old drive to fall back on. I find there's a big difference with a fresh install.

Back
Top Bottom