TP-Link TL-PA211 Just Died

Soldato
Just over a year ago I purchased the TP-Link TL-PA211 Kit from OcUK as my PC is the other side of a Steel Framed wall and Wi-Fi is just atrocious, so I went Powerline...

This morning I booted my PC for work, to find the Network dead!, The Adapter next to the computer was on, but the Network Connection light was off.

Went into the lounge to find the Adapter on the other end completely off, No life!, I tried it in other sockets thinking maybe the socket was dead, but nope!! nowt!! No life!.

It's been fine!, pumping my Infinity to my PC at 52meg without missing a beat till today!

Thankfully I have a spare TL-PA211 (bought a 3rd to extend to my TV, but that's got a 20m cat5e going direct now!).

How long are these things supposed to last?

Anyone else had one just 'Fail' on them?

Any other options for when/if another goes pop? (I've lost a bit of faith!)

Soldato
The capacitor inside the adapters burn out. What you need to do, is open them up and replace the capacitor. They use 1500uF 10V capacitors which I think are a tad too small so I use 2200uF 10V capacitors instead.

You could get them replaced under warranty but if your handy with a solder iron, you can have them fixed in 10minutes and a capacitor costs less than £1.

Associate
As mentioned above it's the capacitor. I have 5 of these and four have failed the same way.

Return them.

I bought mine from Amazon because at the time they were cheaper.

They simply shipped me the newer models as replacements

Soldato
I have had two do the same thing.

It is a trait of powerline adapters in general, not just TP-Link.

Returned both under RMA with TP-Link whom I have to say were perfect.

The last one was exchanged for a Nano adapter which has been great thus far.

Back
Top Bottom