Windows 7 crashes/freezes randomly

Associate
Hi, i recently done a clean install of windows 7 on a new hard drive and im getting random freezes/crashes.

I have ran a memory test but it passed, i have ran hard drive tests to see if there is anything wrong with it but nothing shows up. Also checked Event log and nothing shows up for the time of freezing.

Is there anything i can do to fix this problem, without having to reinstall windows again?

Associate
Sometimes things like Video hardware drivers can cause this sort of error.
If you have Nvidia drivers installed go into MSconfig and remove the tick from nTune and the Nvidia hardware accelerator software and do the same at startup. You may also have issues with Security software which may also need to be disabled in Msconfig at startup. This may be down to memory available to the system depending on if you have 32 bit or 64 bit Operating systems installed. You don't sti[ulate your hardware setup in your opening so we cannot often do anything but speculate at present as to your fault.

Associate
OP
Sorry about not including the specs of the system, i had the most recent amd driver installed. Ran memtest86+ and it passed. Just ended up doing a clean install and all seems to be fixed now :)

Back
Top Bottom