Parvum BattleBox Build

Soldato
so the story is, I entered a competition on facebook to win a case and in a stroke of luck i actually won.

the case in question is...

bb1_zpsd59348e4.jpg

here is a build from the place i won it from.

bb2_zpsbc9ff16f.jpg

it came at a nice time really as i have been overhauling my rig over the past week (as its my birthday on wednesday)

this is the journey i have taken so far.

my old specs were.

I3-3220 CPU
AsRock B75M motherboard
Samsung Green 8GB ram
Gigabyte 2GB 7850 gpu
Corsair 430w psu
WD 250gb HDD - already had
Xigmatek Asgard Pro case

Logitech G400
Perixx PX-1000 keyboard
Benq GL2450E monitor.

I built this in march this year as a very budget build to get me into PC gaming after being a console guy for many years (PS1 days)

i was thoroughly impressed with how well my rig handled games. being able to max out even recent games (grid 2, F1 2013, Blops 2) all without dropping below 60FPS.

The peripherals changed slightly after the gadget show when i picked up a CM Quickfire Rapid mech keyboard, which i might add is such a joy to use.

so moving on a bit and the release of the BF4 beta i realized my rig wasn't capable at playing this and keeping a decent FPS even at medium settings.

so as its my birthday on Wednesday the 30th the wife agreed to give me some cash towards a new case (i wanted the Parvum S1.0) but after some time thinking i thought it was better to spend the money on the parts inside the case instead.

so with the money she was giving me coupled with a nice work bonus and selling some of the old components I swiftly visited the ocuk site and placed an order (it was actually a few orders at a few different times)

i ordered

4670k cpu
Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H motherboard
CM Hyer Evo 212 cooler
Antec 620M psu
Samsung 840 120gb SSD
2 Corsair AF120 quiet fans
MX4 thermal paste.

so friday the 25th comes and me n the wife go out for a meal for a friends birthday and i come back home to an email from a chap called Andy who lets me know that i have won this case.

he is giving me a call today and arranging for the case to be sent to me.

anyways, it was here on this very forum that i first heard of the parvum guys and the work they have done and as i wanted one of the cases i was super excited to find out id won one. in honour of this i thought i would make a build log of my little journey into the new case.

i am going to place aonother order now for a few 80mm fans and some black bitfenix extensions.

the only issue i now have is that the case is very Nvidia friendly (being one of their limited edition battleboxes) and im running an AMD gpu.

Soldato
OP
oooou, another parvum build! i was going to enter this comp myself, it looks an awesome case!

your gonna have to swap your GPU though, cant run red when your case is that green lol ;)

i know but ive spent all my upgrade cash already. i was planning on a new GPU next year (hoping mantle will breathe some life into my card for the time being)

Nvidia cards are so much money :(

i have tweeted Nvidia in the hope they could help me out with something and they wouldnt want to see one of their lovely battleboxes with an AMD in it :devil:

i have replied to your email btw. :D

Soldato
OP
Maybe you could just write 'SUCKS!' under the Nvidia/BattleBox logo? Then an AMD card would fit the case. Sorted.

haha. the opposite side of the case to the window has a huge nvidia logo. (that part will be against a wall though)

Soldato
OP
so after a nice phonecall with Andy from the place i won the case it turned out that i had some options on the case.

Colour, Window or not, Power button colour/light colour, slot drive opening.

in light of this i went with (what my original parvum colour choice whould have been)

Black & White, Black vandal switch with a white light, windowed & no slot drive opening.

ive been sent a render with my colour choices :)

newrig_zps6721aecb.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
good news on the options available :D Greens a bit full on imo, love the black and white though.

well as put by Andy himself, a lot of rigs nowadays are used in living rooms so green doesnt always match the other equipment.

mine is going in the office but i have a very black and white colour scheme. white walls, black desk, black shelves.

white and black is more "me"

its gunna be a slow week i can see it now.

Back
Top Bottom