Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I currently have:

The Hybrid - it's in bits and I've been saying for a year (maybe more) that I'll fix it up soon.

Scott CR1 - Carbon road bike. last ridden in August

Pug 753 Singlespeed - gets ridden all the time, I love it at the moment, it's my favourite

Cotic RR SSCX - Should be finished tonight

Burls Ti - Last ridden in early September. Feels sluggish and heavy compared to the Pug

Koga Miyata Gentleman Luxe S Singlespeed - has no wheels

Brompton - Has a puncture and has been that way since June.

Cervelo Soloist - Has been ridden once. Needs indexing before I put it on the turbo for the winter.

I need to give the Koga to a mate, and I'm seriously considering selling the Ti and the Scott and ditching the hybrid. That would leave me with the SS, SSCX, Brompton and Soloist. That should cover all the bases until get a custom 953......

Soldato
Asprilla does triathlons, though I don't know whether he has a dedicated tri-bike...

I don't think Asprilla actually rides bikes at all, I heard he pays some semi pros to take his Garmin out once in a while to at least keep up the pretence.

In best Gymrat voice "Do you even cycle bro"

:p

Caporegime
I don't think Asprilla actually rides bikes at all, I heard he pays some semi pros to take his Garmin out once in a while to at least keep up the pretence.

we all know uniQ has a kom bike with a motor :p

Underboss
My jacket arrived today

Sorry Rogan, but it just fits me

Arm length is fine, slim fit, perfect for me as im slim
just the length could have been a little longer, but not short enough to not use, at £35 its worth keeping it in my jersey pocket for the likes of tomorrow when im out cycling all morning

its a good jacket that's for sure, just need to test It lol

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
do they all get ridden? or just to much hassle to sell them on?
I've been trying to cut my fleet down because I've got much less space since I moved. I recently sold one but I'd been putting it off for so long just because of the hassle.

Currently got:
1) Спорт XB3 track bike - been using this daily since February.
2) 531 Raleigh - stripped this down in Feb after* the winter to get the frame powdercoated and ready for salt punishment this winter. Sort of didn't happen so it's still in bits in the loft.
3) Late 70's Bob Jackson TT frame - was using this day-to-day fixed gear but I took the running gear off to build the Спорт. Frame is currently in the loft but I built some wheels to put on it and I'm planning to put it back on the road because it is actually a superb ride.
4) 1984 Raleigh Equipe - I rescued this frame from someone who was chucking it out. I rode it over last winter and it rode fine but I discovered it was bent. I straightened it a few weeks ago and was planning to fake patina it and ride it SS with old metal mudguards but I haven't got the space. Currently deciding its fate. I should just chuck it out or stick it on Freecycle really.
5) 1966 Raleigh RSW 16 - I used to keep this at work and use it locally, but the missus currently rides it to work. I won't ever sell this one because I love it too much and I won't be able to replace it.
6) Universal shopper - 20" wheel shopper bike that I scratch-built a frame for. Another one I used to keep at work. I usually take this to Le Mans with the RSW, so it normally sits in the shed folded flat so it's out the way. I probably ought to bring it back to work as a work knockabout.
7) Raleigh Richmond Mixte in 531 - a really nice old bike I built for the missus. She prefers to use the RSW so it hangs in the shed most of the time, but it's her 'proper' bike for when we go out because it's got big wheels and gears.
8) Raleigh town bike - her other bike. This one does just hang in the shed doing nothing but I think it's going back down to her parents.
9) Oh and my unicycle. The old 24" rim is now part of my dining room lamp and I built an early aero rim into a wheel for it. That rim had to go back for the Bob Jackson wheels and I have an alloy sprint rim to use at some point instead.

Soldato
Checked some reviews to see what sizing is like. Apparently "slim-fit". No chance i'll squeeze into a medium then :(.

I might give a medium a go, if it doesn't fit, ill just return it

You can always return it if it doesn't fit. Amazon returns are awesome.

uniQ you massive-calf-tiny-quad legend! These comments changed my mind, i ordered the jacked expecting to have to send it back or sell it on...but it fits me :D

Soldato
can't take a leg that white seriously :D

I had to double check.. my legs not that whi... oh wait yeah they are. *Leaves thread and deletes all posts* :(

memey comments - check
flexed pictures - check

This really is turning into gymrats thread. Brah.

Apologies, normal service resumes. If I ever bought a steel bike it would have to be from Harry @ Field

Ilwa0fe.jpg

Soldato
got up to speed from a red light... stopped at the next red light.. moped rider rides by the side of me.. and tells me that I'm "really quick" and that I managed to beat him to 30mph lol... I genuinely didn't even see him :(

Soldato

I'll take it as a complement that you think my Strava tracks are from semi-pros.

Here's my motor

Zing!

Hairy; I am disappoint.

Associate
I had to double check.. my legs not that whi... oh wait yeah they are. *Leaves thread and deletes all posts* :(

Apologies, normal service resumes. If I ever bought a steel bike it would have to be from Harry @ Field

Ilwa0fe.jpg

i want field to paint my frame so much, wish I could afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom