• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GTX 780 LIGHTNING

OcUK Staff
Prices on hardware are changing rapidly, so prices will go up and down, the reasons can be many of things.

As for having one item come in stock, it can actually happen, for example if we do an order with Asus.

We order 10x 670s, 10x 770s, and 10x 780s, and Asus only have 1x 670s, then we get 1x 670, 10x 770s, and 10x 780s.

Or alternative, that one that came in stock could have been part of an order, where someone has cancelled the order.

Or it could have been assigned a system build, then the customer changed the build as he wanted a different graphics card, which changes the assigned graphics card which was off the website, onto the website.

It could be many of things.

Associate
OP
"Or it could have been assigned a system build, then the customer changed the build as he wanted a different graphics card, which changes the assigned graphics card which was off the website, onto the website."

so if i am thinking correctly this maybe means the card could go second hang in another computer for a customer?

OcUK Staff
"Or it could have been assigned a system build, then the customer changed the build as he wanted a different graphics card, which changes the assigned graphics card which was off the website, onto the website."

so if i am thinking correctly this maybe means the card could go second hang in another computer for a customer?

Nope. As the cards wouldn't have been opened. When something is assigned to the order it does not mean it is opened, it means that it is put to one side ready for the order.

The only second hand items are here, which are clearly marked as B-GRADE:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=595

Associate

The shop will have an allocation system, just because its been allocated and therefore taken off the amount of stock does not mean it's been used. So if it comes back into stock its still a brand new un opened item.

Also if someone places an order on line the stock level reduces once payment is taken. If they then cancelled before dispatch the stock would go back up.

OCUK do not sell used or opened kit as new, these items will go into their B-Grade section as far as I understand.

You have purchased from one of the best etailers there is. OCUK have an excellent reputation. Enjoy your card :)

Associate
I've never seen anyone so paranoid about getting a 2nd hand graphics card when they're buying new.

Happened to me once, frankly not all that big a deal. It was a non reference card sold as the reference model. I actually lucked out and got a better part than I anticipated so I bore no ill will.

Associate
OP
guys my budget was £1500 and after buying the msi 780 card for £480 it is now..£1020

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - Retail

Asus Z87 SABERTOOTH Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

Seasonic X-Series 650w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply

Samsung 128GB SSD 840 PRO SATA 6Gb/s Basic - (MZ-7PD128BW)

Toshiba (7K1000.D) 1TB SATA 6GB/s 32MB Cache - OEM

Avexir Venom Series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz

BitFenix Shinobi USB3.0 Gaming Windowed Case - Black

Prolimatech Black Megahalems CPU Cooler Prolimatech

Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro Fan PLPS - 120mm PWM (x2)

this is for my new pc what you guys think, would you change anything in the rig to make it more bulletproof and powerful so that my card can get some overclock going on. bear in mind i aint going for ultra benchmarking since im brandnew to overclocking a graphics card but i do not think its that hard after watching video's

Associate

:snip:

would you change anything in the rig to make it more bulletproof and powerful so that my card can get some overclock going on.

I would go for an 850 PSU personally and really only so if in the future you decided to add a second card, you can throw it in without shelling out for another PSU at the same time. This however is my personal outlook, having settled for a 650w I keep kicking myself when ever I see second hand cards that would sli/xfier nicely but make no sense if I have to shell for an uprated PSU. Future proofing really.

Soldato
guys my budget was £1500 and after buying the msi 780 card for £480 it is now..£1020

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - Retail

Asus Z87 SABERTOOTH Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

Samsung 128GB SSD 840 PRO SATA 6Gb/s Basic - (MZ-7PD128BW)

Toshiba (7K1000.D) 1TB SATA 6GB/s 32MB Cache - OEM

Avexir Venom Series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz

BitFenix Shinobi USB3.0 Gaming Windowed Case - Black

Prolimatech Black Megahalems CPU Cooler Prolimatech

Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro Fan PLPS - 120mm PWM (x2)

this is for my new pc what you guys think, would you change anything in the rig to make it more bulletproof and powerful so that my card can get some overclock going on. bear in mind i aint going for ultra benchmarking since im brandnew to overclocking a graphics card but i do not think its that hard after watching video's

If you're not planning on sli in the future and don't need all the features offered by the Asus mobo you'he chosen I'd suggest the gigabyte d3hp motherboard, it comes with a free CPU cooler tho I have no idea how good/bad it is(should be OK if you're not a mega overclocker).
From what I've read haswell likes 'faster' ram so go for 2130mhz+.
Money saved from the motherboard and CPU cooler put towards a 250gb Samsung 840 ego and a better case.

Associate
OP
ok i am not going for the motherboard because i have fount that i dont wanna go overclocking with my CPU really and think there is no point paying the extra price for a overclocking motherboard (not sure if the asussabretooth is a extreme overclocking board, if anyone knows there stuff about this board let me know) but i will only try do some little overclocks with the card i have bought which is the MSI GTX 780 lightning.. what i will say if anyone knows a CPU what is just as good as the K series CPU'S but not really for overclocking let me know i would happily spend the same price for a higher standard not clockable CPU if this makes sense at all, i do not wanna go for the i5 series though guys..i have made changes to my build including the windows7 this is just my budget here if anyone knows anything to change let me know..

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor
Samsung 250GB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gb/s Basic
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Series Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
Seasonic G series 750w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM
BitFenix Ronin Tower Case - Black
Kingston HyperX NA'VI 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit
Prolimatech Black Megahalems CPU Cooler
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM HDD
Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Venom Viper Cool Fan - 3/4 Pin x2

the total of this cost is : £1010

basically i just want a long lifespan powerful strong pc so if you can help me with that, even if i have to force spend a little more to make it better let me know :)

p.s. if anyone knows how to paste all the components in the proper style format let me know.

Associate
OP
So, fair enough you dont want to oc your cpu, (just go for the standard 4770 then) but why did you buy a lightning??? Are you not gonna overclock that?? Them cards practically beg you too!! Mine loves the high volts flowing through its veins :D

For the basket plugin go here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18371076

oh no dont get me wrong im gonna overclock the graphics card..i think nearly every card could be begged for overclocking maybe?, correct me if i am wrong but it is easy to overclock graphics card just using a msi afterburner with mine for example and a benchmark heaven or another application to test for any artifacts etc right?

Back
Top Bottom