Best way to discourage cat from doing its business in my garden

Associate
I always scrape it off of the lawn and throw it back over the hedge into the cat owners garden next door!

glad its not just me then!

Love how cat owners always say "but they are such clean animals..." - yeah because they aren't doing their thing in YOUR garden!

Associate
Try feeding the cat with a few chocolate laxatives then with a bit of good luck it should be back in its owners house when it explodes - my dad tried this method with a neighbours cats a few years ago and they went from 4 cats to none overnight.

Permabanned
Try feeding the cat with a few chocolate laxatives then with a bit of good luck it should be back in its owners house when it explodes - my dad tried this method with a neighbours cats a few years ago and they went from 4 cats to none overnight.

Chocolate is toxic to cats so maybe they all died?

Alternatively if I lived next door to a ignorant retard then I'd consider re-homing my cats before he did it again, so yep, maybe that does work.

Soldato
I hate cats with a passion.
I've had hundreds of pounds of plants destroyed and now I'm concerned about my 2 year old son playing in the garden.

It's impossible to monitor the garden 24/7 so chasing them away doesn't work.

I have a paintball gun or a stash of 1p/2p coins which get fired at the ones I spot.

Caporegime
its gotta be done again:

antifreeze.jpg

I wouldn't actually recommend killing a cat

Soldato
Nerf guns or super soaker. :)

Had the same frustrations with my neighbours cats, front and back garden. Also their idea of walking their 'rat' of a dog was simply opening their front door and letting it roam the neighbourhood crapping on folks front lawns.

So whenever I would see them on my property I would soak them with a super soaker or If possible throw a nice cold bucket of water over them. Oh, and I also used to flick the 'solids' onto the owners lawn.

Associate
Lol at some of the suggestions!

And :rolleyes: at people getting upset/angry about the clearly tongue in cheek comments.

+1 for getting a tiger. Be sure it ***** in someone else garden though :D

Soldato
Get a scarecrow from Amazon.

You hook it up to your outdoor tap, put a few batteries in it, set it up to detect motion in a specific area and wait for the results. Whenever anything gets in proximity it sprays water all over the place. Hilarious to watch and effective to boot. Just don't forget to switch it off if you use the garden.

Associate
OP
Think I will stick to the curry plants and the garden smelling of other assorted chemicals to try to deter said cat, before resorting to anything more extreme.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom