• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to over volt a Titan, a 780Ti or a 780 guide

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
I might well have a play. I tried some overclocking earlier and went to 320.18 drivers but still can't stop throttling. Not sure I want to go that high on power but that should put pay to the throttling. Maybe when it is colder and 20nm is on the horizon, I will kill my Titan :D

I thought throttling on Nv cards was more temp based so adding in more voltage when your cooling limited would only cause the card to heat up more so clocks would stay similar.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I thought throttling on Nv cards was more temp based so adding in more voltage would only cause the card to heat up more.

Well, as I was hitting 42c, I don't think it is heat that is making it throttle :D I think it has something to do with putting around 450w+ through 300w designed power connectors, as anything around 1350mhz is fine but pushing to 1400mhz sees throttling.

I don't really want to kill my card just yet for the sake of a few more mhz and can see the 200% 600w bios doing that :(

Soldato
Well, as I was hitting 42c, I don't think it is heat that is making it throttle :D I think it has something to do with putting around 450w+ through 300w designed power connectors, as anything around 1350mhz is fine but pushing to 1400mhz sees throttling.

I don't really want to kill my card just yet for the sake of a few more mhz and can see the 200% 600w bios doing that :(

You can do it mate. No risk no reward lol although 1350mhz titan is pretty damn high. Nice temps as well so plenty to come if you wish to risk it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried this with my Classified but it doesn't work. A bit disappointing that people with reference cards have access to more volts than I do :(

Unfortunately that's down to Nvidia not wanting customers to have voltage control. There partners like evga must be having a fit. Building a card designed for overclocker's that can't be pushed without bios flashing.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom