** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Associate
Good business is supplying a product that works.

If the customer cannot use the product through no fault of his own, ie the product is poorly made and doesn't function, then good business is to refund the customer his money.

BAD business is to supply crap then tell everyone who complains to swivel.

Well it works perfectly well for me and many other people, so no your logic doesn't apply.

Associate
Have had a bit of a nightmare with this game.

Turned up day late
Took half an hour to install off 4 DVD's
Once installed had to wait a further 20 minutes for an update
When update was installed still couldn't play single player as multiplayer needed updating
Just over an hour after I had started installing I was ready to play, changed settings as high as they would go, watched a cut scene and then crash to desktop, Ghosts has stopped responding.
Another hour of frustrating settings changes making no difference later I tried it in window mode, this time can see a quick message pop up that the display driver had stopped working but had been recovered. Driver update time then.

After an hour and a half of faffing was finally ready to play. Given the aggro it had given me and the amount of negativity seen posted about it I was expecting to spend the rest of the night raging about how I had wasted my money. Instead though it sucked me in and I found myself enjoying it. Maybe my expectations were low but its exactly what I expected from a cod game

Soldato
After constantly getting my ass handed to me online for the last 2 days cos of stupid mouse sensitivity lag issue I've sorted it... by playing with my wireless 360 controller. This is my first CoD on PC since the first Modern Warfare and playing with the controller just feels so right haha! I'm no longer finishing bottom of every game and keeping up with every one else using kb + mouse no problem :)

Soldato
After constantly getting my ass handed to me online for the last 2 days cos of stupid mouse sensitivity lag issue I've sorted it... by playing with my wireless 360 controller. This is my first CoD on PC since the first Modern Warfare and playing with the controller just feels so right haha! I'm no longer finishing bottom of every game and keeping up with every one else using kb + mouse no problem :)

Apparently they kept the console aim assist in the PC version. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISuJz-DnLoo

Soldato
At the start of the game I started running and then noticed black squares out the corner of my eye.

86ez.jpg

A few seconds later it turned into this

8ulw.jpg

Associate
Played a few games, enjoying it so far. Something I can just load up for one game and then stop. Paid £30 and will get lots of play time out if it.

Soldato
I love CoD, one of my favorite game franchises. The last one I really enjoyed was Black Ops the original, for me that felt as close to the original CoDs in terms of feel of the game (my own opinion.) I've got three hours played and can't even begin to imagine playing any more at all. I've got it ordered on the next gen console too but I think I might cancel that now :(

To everyone that is liking the new CoD, I just wish I could... Hopefully the next one will draw me in.

Soldato
I love CoD, one of my favorite game franchises. The last one I really enjoyed was Black Ops the original, for me that felt as close to the original CoDs in terms of feel of the game (my own opinion.) I've got three hours played and can't even begin to imagine playing any more at all. I've got it ordered on the next gen console too but I think I might cancel that now :(

To everyone that is liking the new CoD, I just wish I could... Hopefully the next one will draw me in.

A few tips for better performance.

Set priority back to normal, on high its a mess, disable any additional gpu's, disable anything which has on overlay and most importantly, set your screen ratio to your actual ratio.

Wrt buying it on next gen console, PS4 runs this at 1080p but XBox1 only at 720p :eek:

Soldato
b2eu.jpg

Top right is how many Squad Points I have left to use to unlock new things but I can't find for the life of me, where it shows how many points I've got left to use on equipment that I have already unlocked. As in, how many points I've got left to select more perks etc

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Wrt buying it on next gen console, PS4 runs this at 1080p but XBox1 only at 720p :eek:

Correction, it plays it at 1080P... badly...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24834842

Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 faces frame-rate complaints

Reviews of the latest Call of Duty video game have reported problems with the graphics on the PlayStation 4 edition of the title.

Testers said that its frame rate dropped at several points during the game causing a stutter-effect.

Soldato

Set priority back to normal, on high its a mess, disable any additional gpu's, disable anything which has on overlay and most importantly, set your screen ratio to your actual ratio.

Thanks mate, I got the performance working pretty well with everything on the max, I'll double check about the aspect ratio as I'm not sure if I've done that. The thing for me that has killed it is it feels like I have massive lag compensation like they've used in previous CoDs but this one on a whole other level.

Associate

i did this... played for a few hours last night and it felt fine for me... no lag issues with mouse..

also graphics on my PC look great.. will upload a video later... basically dont let CODG set anything to automatic do it yourself...

I stupidly thought 1920x1080 was 16:10 ratio and textures looks rubbish... switched it to 16:9 and not the game looks lovely.

Soldato
Rendering a shadow, rather odd though how it started the process. Did your FPS dip?

No dip but it did have a mini stutter when the full shadow appeared.

Any news on a patch coming any time soon? I still get micro shutter just using a single GFX card.

I also saw the same issue as above with the game using over 1.5GB of VRAM just at the menu.

Are people with >2GB VRAM still getting stuttering? I've turned everything down to normal and only have 2x TXAA and still get the odd stutter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom