***Rajintek Ereboss cooler review***

Caporegime
B2_STUREV_RAIJEREBOSS_zps4df88e1c.png~original

OcUK Product page - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-000-RT&groupid=701&catid=2330&subcat=2666
RaJintek home page - http://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=4

Untitled_zps657c847d.png~original

Packaging and Accessories.

IMG_3895_zpsa82df979.jpg~original

IMG_3900_zpsb379153f.jpg~original

Easy instructions to follow and a sturdy set of metal plates to hold the heatsink securely, extra rubber mounts are provided to allow push/pull with an identical fan and a sachet of thermal paste is also included.

The heatsink body and fan.

IMG_3907_zps6d9aa9dc.jpg~original

First impression is wow that's a large heatsink for £32.

IMG_3909_zps2926fc52.jpg~original

IMG_3908_zpsdfa4828f.jpg~original

Six 6mm heatpipes help take heat from the base and up into the fin stack to be cooled by passing air.

IMG_3913_zpsafdb511d.jpg~original

IMG_3918_zpse942c98c.jpg~original

Highly polished base looks and feels smooth.

IMG_3922_zpsa4a98068.jpg~original

But its not totally flat with it having a slight curve on one side.

IMG_3902_zpsf4a9c053.jpg~original

Quite like it.

IMG_3905_zpsf44f899b.jpg~original

Look at how thin it is at 13mm compared to a 25mm thick (normal) fan.

IMG_3904_zps7ff1316d.jpg~original

Nice quality braid from end to end with no bare wires showing.

The complete heatsink.

IMG_3929_zps7d70e7df.jpg~original

IMG_3931_zps96c5484c.jpg~original

Massive fan also blows air around the sides of the heatsink body (could help cooling VRM heatsinks?)

The total height with fan fitted is around 173mm give or take 1mm.

IMG_3925_zps8607a68c.jpg~original

IMG_3923_zps33f04b1e.jpg~original

The fan is so big the rubber mounts are bending out to cope!

Fitting.

So lets look at how it fits both Socket 2011 and Socket 1155.

IMG_3979_zps1e3dd852.jpg~original

Its very simple and follows the sort of standard I am use to when it comes to fitting on these sockets.

• For Socket 2011 its as simple as screwing four stand-offs in each corner of the socket, fit a brace arm across them on either side and secure these down with the four knurled nuts, apply the thermal paste and screw the cooler onto both brace arms with a single screw at each end till it is secure.

• For socket 1155 (and 1156 and 1150) make sure the rear mounting bracket is the right way around and pass four screws through the PCB and secure these four screws with four plastic threaded stand-offs (this helps leave a hand free as you don't need to hold the rear mounting bracket any more), then place the two brace arms across the four screws/stand-offs and secure down with the four knurled nuts, apply the paste and then again screw the heatsink onto these two brace arms.

But,

IMG_3972_zps9834d3a7.jpg~original

Now the heatsink body has a hole and a notch in the heat fin stack to allow you to get a screwdriver onto the top of the two screws that secures it to the braces.

IMG_3980_zpscc45f5c3.jpg~original

Make sure you have a screwdriver with a long shaft of around 15cm otherwise you will never tighten it down.

It would have been wise if Rajintek had included something suitable, the picture above shows an accessory that came with my Noctua NH-U12S which was perfect for the job.

Memory clearance.

IMG_3987_zpsf4d60962.jpg~original

The fan hangs over the first slot and may touch some RAM, the above RAM is Gskill Ares.

IMG_3986_zps50d261f5.jpg~original

The rear hangs over the first RAM slot too, but without a fan there is plenty of room for all but the tallest of RAM.

IMG_3983_zps3034771d.jpg~original

Say goodbye to your top PCI-E slot on X79.

IMG_3994_zpsaf8f8753.jpg~original

Similar story for Z77 with the fan over hanging the first RAM slot, I could still get my GFX card in the first 16X slot as there is a PCI-E 1X slot in-between.

Performance.

Test setup.

i7 [email protected] with 1.3V
Gigabyte X79-UP4

i5 [email protected] with 1.35V
Gigabyte Z77-UD5H

Gskill Ares 2133Mhz RAM.
Gigabyte Geforce GTX670 Windforce X3 2GB
Antec HCP 850W PSU.
BitFenix Shinobi XL case.

Z77 Stock.

STU_REV_Z77_ST_3DMARK_zps31833b38.png~original

STU_REV_Z77_ST_CINE_zps32acfb9c.png~original

STU_REV_Z77_ST_AIDA_zpsd71e0b0d.png~original

Z77 Overclocked.

STU_REV_Z77_OC_3DMARK_zpsadd9263c.png~original

STU_REV_Z77_OC_CINE_zps4f80e506.png~original

[
STU_REV_Z77_OC_AIDA_zpsf61631bc.png~original

X79 Stock.

STU_REV_X79_ST_3DMARK_zps804a29a9.png~original

STU_REV_X79_ST_CINE_zps47da7a4f.png~original

STU_REV_X79_ST_AIDA_zps33a10684.png~original

X79 Overclocked.

STU_REV_X79_OC_3DMARK_zpsbbb46d08.png~original

STU_REV_X79_OC_CINE_zps2992a593.png~original

STU_REV_X79_OC_AIDA_zpsa78c938b.png~original

Conclusion.

Rajintek are new to the PC cooling scene and not as well known as more established manufacturers yet the Ereboss cooler left me with very positive thoughts about it. For its £32 RRP it represents wonderful value for money with performance as good as some of the £40+ coolers.

It was relatively quiet during use but not as quiet as the Noctua NH-U12S for example. Fitting was overall very easy but Rajintek really should include some sort of basic Philips headed screwdriver which will reach the two fixing screws. The size will be an issue with X79 user who will want to be able to use their top slot, but you can mount the heatsink and fan facing north to south or visa versa which may help.

Pros.

Plenty of surface area.
Solid performance.
Good fan/quiet.
Keen price.

Cons.

Fitting is impossible if you don't have a long enough screwdriver.
The fan mounts could be better positioned to stop the rubber mounts from looking like they will pop out.
RAM clearance is not the best if you need the first RAM slot.

STU_REV_ADW_SILVER_zpsfb8c4055.png~original

Thanks to OcUK and Rajintek for the sample cooler.

Thanks to Ethermaster for the artwork.

Review amendment/update,

I have been told that Rajintek are now bundling a screwdriver long enough to reach the screws with this cooler now.

securedownload_zps7a00a011.jpg~original

Caporegime
is the corsair h100i really *that* good? o.0

I am quite surprised too... My H100 is nowhere near that effective with a pair of Venom Vipers pushing in cool air.

*edit* No wait, yes it is, I was looking at the wrong table. :p

I wouldn't call 70°C stress testing with a 4.5GHz/1.35v 3570K on vacuum cleaner mode and 77°C on quiet mode particularly impressive though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good review. Thanks stulid. Seems a good cooler for the price but I just can't help but think at this price range are a similarly good cooler with a physically small footprint so you don't loose the both the first PCI-e slot or RAM slot.

Man of Honour
I am quite surprised too... My H100 is nowhere near that effective with a pair of Venom Vipers pushing in cool air.

*edit* No wait, yes it is, I was looking at the wrong table. :p

I wouldn't call 70°C stress testing with a 4.5GHz/1.35v 3570K on vacuum cleaner mode and 77°C on quiet mode particularly impressive though.

yea but run the h100i on pwm mode and its as good as a k2 mount doom, for a clc that's pretty impressive no?

Caporegime
yea but run the h100i on pwm mode and its as good as a k2 mount doom, for a clc that's pretty impressive no?

Not when you consider that it costs £40 more, is considerably louder, and also carries the slight risk of leakage :p

I'm reasonably happy with my H100 which I got for £36, but if I had paid £100, or even £70 for it I would be less than impressed.

Soldato
seem descent for the money but it is getting to the point where you think people are churning things out instead of thinking e.g. over hanging the pci slot or blocking ram slots

This.

The RAM is a common thing (though pretty dumb), but hanging over a PCI-E slot too? That is poor.

Nice cooler if on a budget, bad cooler for anything else imo.

Caporegime
OP
Just to clarify, its on X79 that the top slot goes, on the Z77-UD5H there is a 1xPCI-E in between that means you don't lose the top 16X slot and you maybe able to get a small (length) card such as a WiFi card still in the 1X slot without getting near the fan.

Soldato
Good review Stu! :)

Nice looking and pretty well priced heatsink.

As ever with large coolers like this the ram interference is essentially a guarantee - they could have course extend the heatpipes and move the whole assembly up and away from the board but this would make it 1) more expensive and 2) probably foul the side panel of any (other than the very largest) cases. Obviously low profile ram like Samsung Green's would not have any problems.

I wonder about the likelihood of shifting the fan vertically slightly since my Scythe Ninja had this very issue. Fortunately there was sufficient play in the mounting system to allow me to sit the fan above any standard sized DIMMS. A possible solution?

A little surprised at the PCIe fouling but since that's the very first slot on the board however I'd imagine that still leaves a fair chunk of perfectly compatible high performance boards out there. My current Z68, and many of the boards I have used in the fairly recent past all had primary 16x slots at either the second and third expansion slot positions meaning this cooling solution would likely cause no major installation problems.
^ ^ ^
I see Stu's already mentioned that... :D

Just to clarify, its on X79 that the top slot goes, on the Z77-UD5H there is a 1xPCI-E in between that means you don't lose the top 16X slot and you maybe able to get a small (length) card such as a WiFi card still in the 1X slot without getting near the fan.

Back
Top Bottom