Marshall Mathers LP2

Associate
Trolling bc I have an opinion amazing! Whatever next.
And yes dom kennedy might not have the backing of all these squeeky cookie cutter producers like eminem but his new album has a lot of weight.

And please thr new jay z album couldnt be more generic if it tried! It may be a good listen but its nothing more than a pop album with no substance, much like this eminem album - ie everything hes rapping about is lies and makea no sense bar a few tracks. Thats the point I was making but hey ho lets use the ' it made millions ' card as some sort of justification. What ever

I don't disagree with anything you've said in this post. The comment about Dom Kennedy surpassing Eminem is the only thing I disagreed with.

Also, I too am a fan of Dom Kennedy.

Personally after a few listens it's solid. Not his best work but not his worst either. Still doesn't knock Chance the Rapper's "Acid Rap" as my favourite project released this year though, especially considering Acid Rap was free.

Associate
I agree that its definitely because he's not in the same place as he was for SSLP and MMLP1.

Good article here on where he is atm.

I love this album. My only criticism is that I would have liked a bit more Dre - didn't produce a single track!

In terms of wordplay and metaphorical rhyming, no one comes close to Eminem. So ****ing clever!

Associate
This album is the best hes put out since MMLP1 tbh, better than Eminem Show. Lets face it it was never going to top MMLP1, impossible, one of the best if not the best Rap albums of all time.

Forget the MMLP name and realize how good it is.

Did anyone see the EMA's performance? That verse on Rap God live? omg! who can touch that, people need to stop hatting and appreciate the GOAT!

Soldato
Why are people getting hung up on its name :confused: he should have done a Led Zeppelin and released nameless and in a brown bag. Its awesome regardless of what its called!

Caporegime
This album is the best hes put out since MMLP1 tbh, better than Eminem Show. Lets face it it was never going to top MMLP1, impossible, one of the best if not the best Rap albums of all time.

Forget the MMLP name and realize how good it is.

Did anyone see the EMA's performance? That verse on Rap God live? omg! who can touch that, people need to stop hatting and appreciate the GOAT!

Interesting, I far prefer the Eminem Show. More catchy.

Permabanned
Why do people compare these? They are completely different kind of artists.

Not really, both are rappers. Its just an opinion though, Eminem is a good artist but has produced some abysmal songs in his time. All the joking ones and encore album to name a few. 2Pac on the other hand, all his albums were great. And he spoke truth to power, a very clever, ingenious song writer with a great catalog of music. A genius.

Soldato
I agree, 2Pac was a brilliant preacher and an amazing poet.

2Pac and Eminem are world's apart when it comes to comparing. So never understood why people compare them.

Eminem is a comedy MC who can throw some brilliant outragous lines along with some lines that you can connect with.

2Pac was all about getting his thoughts out there, he preached through his music and did poetic justice through many. He was very for the black community, his words was starting to get across and listened to. Reason why I believe he was ended. If prophets was real, could say he was one.

2 very different artists.

Permabanned
I agree, 2Pac was a brilliant preacher and an amazing poet.

2Pac and Eminem are world's apart when it comes to comparing. So never understood why people compare them.

Eminem is a comedy MC who can throw some brilliant outragous lines along with some lines that you can connect with.

2Pac was all about getting his thoughts out there, he preached through his music and did poetic justice through many. He was very for the black community, his words was starting to get across and listened to. Reason why I believe he was ended. If prophets was real, could say he was one.

2 very different artists.

Quoted for truth. I think the US Government killed 2pac or the illuminati.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Album absolutely sucks barring maybe 1 or 2 tracks.

How anybody can compare this to MMLP is quite frankly laughable. It's a shame as I've always been a huge Eminem fan, but there comes a time when you just need to quit while your ahead. This is that time.

Back
Top Bottom