CCTV What to get

Permabanned
My car got done over last night, on going issue with the ex husband. I've been advised by the police to get CCTV.

I have a Maplins, Costco (Am a member), Eurosat off top of my head that sell this

What system should I look at getting, will need at least 2 cameras outside

Permabanned
OP
Had Foscam and wasn't happy with them. 1 was faulty out the box. These are really good and can record onto my server over lan if wanted

Permabanned
OP
Professionals that I had called asking for £5000 to install a system. I have a drive way, why should I not be allowed to park on there....? Are you a troll and just here to upset people.

Yes might be cheaper online but I needed it there and then!

Associate
Professionals that I had called asking for £5000 to install a system. I have a drive way, why should I not be allowed to park on there....? Are you a troll and just here to upset people.

Yes might be cheaper online but I needed it there and then!

He doesn't seem like a troll... just usually if people value their cars that much they would get it garaged as it means you can alarm it.

Obviously an expensive route to go down, but can't blame the guy for giving another option to think about.

Associate
He doesn't seem like a troll... just usually if people value their cars that much they would get it garaged as it means you can alarm it.

Obviously an expensive route to go down, but can't blame the guy for giving another option to think about.

Exactly. I'm not a troll . I'm just offering some sensible advice.
If a garage is out of the question what about looking at installing some good quality lockable driveway gates? If the guy is intent on damaging the car maliciously cameras simply wont stop him if hes determined enough. You need to put some kind of physical barrier in place to either deter him or slow him down.

Last edited:
Soldato
We have a 16 channel swann system at work, its more than fine. Some of our cameras are swann, others are differing makes.

The people selling CCTV try to make it a bit of a dark art with specs of cameras hidden or listed to differing standards so you have trouble comparing like for like. We went with swanns main unit and got a standard electrician to run shot gun cable to each postion and wire / mount our chosen camera. We then wired the base unit end ourselves. Saved a fortune, we had been quoted £1200 + vat for what turned out to be a £500 with vat unit.

Soldato
Get an IP can is my advise. Foscam are good... have them run step and to an ftp or use central magaement one is Linux and Zoneminder. There's I spy too..... you can gr indoor ones and use webcams too

I plan on that... even run mics from them about. And once summit happens and no one is home android push or something. I'd like summit for each family to sign in and out. So when no one is home but me I scan a ba rcode or NFC it goes into no one home mode and tells others. Also when home swipe NFC doorbell to see if someone is in and sign home

Back
Top Bottom