• Puppy

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • Sabayon

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Slackware

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise (Server or Desktop)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • OpenSolaris

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Ubuntu (Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, NBR)

Votes: 243 46.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thanks... I picked that one up on Distrowatch last night, but think I will probably wait until the latest version comes out of Beta, which doesn't look as if it will be too long.

One of my favourites amongst the smaller (or not so well known) disrros at the moment is Superx, which I think has a professional look and feel to it... especially if you like Windows! :)

Well worth a look I reckon!

Soldato
Indeed we do... a lot has changed in the world of Linux distros since the first poll in this thread, which is well over three years ago now!

There are a lot more stable, attractive and solid offerings now available, especially from some of the smaller, or less well known organisations, which are at last starting to offer a real and useful alternative to Windows.

Soldato
(scared, no gui)12.10 Ubuntu Desktop as a server at home. Plans to >13.10 and >server ver though. Using Unity.

I liked Mandriva AKT back awhile ago. Back then Ubuntu was goioid but never clicked, just liked Mandriva - ran it about a year straught even over Windows (was XP, maybe vista was rel) but games got me back heh. Now I like Ubuntu a lot, might greab aload of dizzyto's n virt em.

think it was KDE>GNOMEwith me

Shoulf have a cut up version of all the distros *main ones@ and release it so you can have a little lick of all of em

I remeber Compiz - wheres that!

Associate
Mint here - just upgraded to 17 as going to be around for a while given it's based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Also use LinuxLite 2.0 on a ancient device - brilliant out of the box for aging HW

Associate
Gone a bit quiet in here!

Just got Mint 17 up and running on my main machine, don't do that much gaming these days so I'm happy to use Linux as my everyday OS. Used Debian/Ubuntu before, but Mint is just so easy to use.

Soldato
Brill!

I love Linux Mint 17.2 (cos I don't play games much now) Cinnamon version x64

:D

1) no more worry of viruses
2) no more annoying of Microsoft rebooting after updated (linux don't need rebooting)
3) USB 3.0 faster than Windows 7, 10 on Linux

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom