Moving a car without tax or insurance

Associate
Hi guys,

So the car is at the family home, but I need to move it to my own home which is around 3 miles. It has MOT until February, but no road tax or insurance right now, currently SORN.

In these situations, would the AA simply tow the car for me, or would they tell me to jog on? :p

Soldato
The AA wouldn't tow you, they'd try and fix it so you can drive on. So you could break it so it wasn't fixable by the roadside and then get it recovered to your home address.. Seems a lot of hassle mind, i'd find someone with a trailer.

Underboss
I has the same issues, had a bloke down the road who had a flat bed (gypo recogery type) paid him a £10 a he delivered it the next day.

Granted there is a high chance he could have stole it but he didn't.

Soldato
The AA wouldn't tow you, they'd try and fix it so you can drive on. So you could break it so it wasn't fixable by the roadside and then get it recovered to your home address.. Seems a lot of hassle mind, i'd find someone with a trailer.

The AA won't touch a car without tax.

Associate
OP
I could get a day of insurance, (the car runs fine), the only issue is 1 day road tax doesn't exist. The only option there is to buy 6 months and then get 5 months refunded :/

Man of Honour
Just call a local garage or 2 I imagine at least one of them will have a trailer or flatbed that they'll load it onto for a bit of beer money.

Associate
I could get a day of insurance, (the car runs fine), the only issue is 1 day road tax doesn't exist. The only option there is to buy 6 months and then get 5 months refunded :/

Just do that. What's the likely maximum that could cost, £50-70? towing would be similar I would have thought and a risk of damaging the car in transit.

Associate

Ive been in a similar situation and it is a bit frustrating just trying to use a vehicle for one day or so. Your only real option is to tow it, look for a local recovery company.

Back
Top Bottom