The Royle Family

Associate
This series really is *excellent* but some of the newer Christmas specials really are pretty conservative compared to the early stuff. None the less, quality stuff! :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Fun fact. We had the same sofa they had in series 1. We got rid of it then they had a warehouse fire and lost theirs!

They were great, especially the specials. They illustrate a Britain I know and love more than anything has to me.

Associate
Me and the Mrs have just recently finished watching this again, we have watched it a good few times now.

It is a masterpiece of TV and I think will only get better with age, especially for the late 20's and older generation. It is a superb snapshot of life just before digital tv, internet and mobile phones (although Dave does get one for Denise at the end of season 2).

Well done Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash.

Oh and whenever I am going to strip wallpaper in the future I will be blasting out Mambo No5!

Soldato
Got Early Doors :D

screenshot006.png

Watched the first 3 or 4 eps last night, quite enjoyed it. Nowhere near as funny as the Royle Family though. Some absolutely cracking quotes from the show!

"Woah-ho, if you lot take my advice, you won't go near that lavatory for at least half an hour and whatever you do don't strike a bloody match." :D :D

Back
Top Bottom