What film did you watch last night?

Associate
"EDIT" Never mind...

Harry potter is playing on ITV on Saturday!!!

Yesterday we also watched American History X, I first watched it a few years ago at my sisters house when it was on TV, Loved it then and I have seen it on TV a couple of times over the years but never got around to watching it fully, It's still a great movie and get's a 9/10 from me.

Last edited:
Associate
The Prisoner - 7/10 I really liked it, good dark and moody cop thriller, I guessed who it was but still kept me trying to work it out till the end.

Soldato
The Iceman - 8/10 I dont get the hate for this film at all. I found it really interesting and the acting from Shannon in particular was incredible. (Especially the kitchen scene, disco dancing and at the end)

The fact that it had Chris Evans and David Schwimmer in amazing roles as well, shows a lot about the quality of the script.

I just dont get the hate from critics that say it wasn't interesting enough! I feel they could never win with this movie, they obviously toned it down a lot but if they went for full on meyhem critics wouldn't have been happy and slandered it for glorifying his awful crimes .......meh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gravity. 8/10

I thought this was a really enjoyable movie and one of the only films that I have seen in a long time that was truly enhanced by the 3D.

I am a physicist by trade and there was one moment that bugged me a bit, but if you leave your brains at the door and collect them on the way out then it makes for a really enjoyable film.

The ONLY downside is, see spoiler:

Like other people I was a little bit let down by the "letting go" scene, it was just so unnecessary. The alternative scene that another poster mentioned about bear hugging and throwing her towards the ISS seemed a MUCH better way to do it. It annoyed me a bit because it could have been done so much better.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Rescue Dawn 7/10

It's loosely based on the story of Dieter Dengler who was a German who emigrated to the US and later flew in the Vietnam War, being shot down over Laos. Quite entertaining although the I saw the factual account a few years ago (Little Dieter Loves To Fly) which I think I preferred.

Soldato
Star Trek III Search for Spock.

Another one of those films that when you watched it when young it had wonder and mystery and excitement. But then you watch it when you're older and it ruins the memory because you realise that actually it's pretty poor. The plot is absurd and desperate. The acting is so stiff. The dialogue is pretty much non existent. It's a bad film, you only rate it if you're a trek fanboy.

2/10

Soldato
I've not seen any of the original Star Trek films, so I've been recording them off the telly. I gather some are... a bit naff.

Wrath of Khan was alright. Other people will argue they were great movies. Sure they were shot some time ago, but that doesn't mean the acting still has to be so cardboard cut out. The effects and the editing too result in some lol worthy action sequences, particularly kirk's final battle.

Soldato
The Iceman - 8/10 I dont get the hate for this film at all. I found it really interesting and the acting from Shannon in particular was incredible. (Especially the kitchen scene, disco dancing and at the end)

The fact that it had Chris Evans and David Schwimmer in amazing roles as well, shows a lot about the quality of the script.

I just dont get the hate from critics that say it wasn't interesting enough! I feel they could never win with this movie, they obviously toned it down a lot but if they went for full on meyhem critics wouldn't have been happy and slandered it for glorifying his awful crimes .......meh.

It's a good film and Shannon puts in a very good performance.

The problem is that it glosses over so much and paints a pretty inaccurate picture of who he really was and what he did.
The portrayal of how things were with his wife was also particularly poor if her real life side of the story is to be believed.

Soldato
Django Unchained - For some reason i've had this film for ages but put off watching it. all i can say is i'm a idiot for doing so.
Class film, even the wife loved it from the first minutes. only complaint is it fell off towards the end. but thats just being picky!

Back
Top Bottom