After my First Smartphone?

Associate
Hi all,

So recently my phone broke and I have decided to treat myself by buying my first smart phone.
I was looking at going on contract as from what I've gathered it works out cheaper overall? Ideally looking at around 25ish a month.

I was in carphone warehouse today and was thinking of going with the HTC One mini, but decided to see what the internet has to offer first. I think mainly I will be using it for texting and probably messing about on apps/games/internet, with a bit of calling.

So I researched into the S4, Nexus 5 and the HTC's but from what I have gathered the nexus 5 is one of the better ones? I was thinking of going for a Nokia Lumia but heard the app store is very limited so thought I would go with android.

But if anyone has any advice on good tariffs or could recommend a phone that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Arcimbaldo.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Nexus 5 sim free and get yourself a sim only contract.

At least that way you're not locked in a two year contract. Been using this method for the last 5-6 years. Every 12-18 months I get my self a new phone.

Mobster
Soldato

At least that way you're not locked in a two year contract. Been using this method for the last 5-6 years. Every 12-18 months I get my self a new phone.

+1

That's what we do too. It also works out cheaper than buying a phone on contract. We saved somewhere in the region of £150 on an iPhone 4s by doing it this way, compared to getting the 4s for free on contract.

We use Tesco Mobile. It's really good for the price. If you're after lots of data, go with Three as they have truly unlimited. They also have good prices. Check the coverage in your area first though: Tesco use O2 if you want to check them.

Soldato

+1. If the phone is too expensive then the Moto G sim free is my next choice.

3's one plan would be best if you're after a lot of data, but best to check your coverage with them.

Back
Top Bottom