hypnosis

Soldato
Anyone been hypnotised? What for, and how was your experiences?

Trying to get through some of my bucket list items. Getting hypnotised is one of them.

Soldato
Agreed, but Derren is a legend... YOU know it make's sense for YOU to email me YOUR PASSWORD to this forum to CHANGE things (I think) lol!

Last edited:
Soldato
No, but after reading a book about it when I was still at school I did try it on a couple of my mates. They said it wouldn't work on them, but after having some success with exercises like making their hands stick together, they refused to let me experiment on them any more!

Associate
I paid £120 for me and the ex mrs to get hypnotised to pack in smoking. It felt like I was laying on a bed with a dirty old man whispering in my ear. Walked outside and lit up.

A few years later I was drunk and thought I couldn't get hypnotised after the smoking fiasco. I got on the stage in the pub with a stage hypnotist. Felt myself going under and my hands getting tighter but a mate nudged me and I snapped out of it and left the stage.

It seems I need beer to be hypnotised.

Soldato
I have had hypnosis twice.

Its the oddest thing, all the stuff you see on the TV, of being told to sleep, being tapped on the shoulder, and nodding off is garbage, you are lucid, and awake, and fully aware of everything around you. I had to close my eyes, the hypnotherapist swung a light across my eyes, and all that stuff "yeah, yeah" i thought, he counted to 3, and told me to open my eyes, i couldn't, he then told me to relax, and i absolutely melted into the couch.... all the time you are as awake as you would normally be,

Have you ever had someone explain something to you, over an emotional subject that you couldn't see, and all of a sudden you could, and felt all charged up over it, all "i'll show them", well thats what its like, as he (she) is talking to you, it just .... makes perfect sense, is the best way to describe it, as they talk to you, you seem to be so relaxed, your mind says "yes, yes i can, and yes i will", he has told me i can, and thats really what its like, there is no trance, no halucinations, nothing. just ... someone talking to you, when you are in a very relaxed state, that just seems to lift you, and make sense to you, you almost feel high. The underlying message last for several weeks, but the utopia and indestructible feelings, last about 5 or 6 hours. i would advise anyone to try it, for any reason, its mind blowing.

Back
Top Bottom