**The official Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) thread**

Soldato
They really need to hand over the engine and assets to someone like intelligent systems and get them to turn out 150 so captain toad levels as an eshop game. I could play that stuff all day long its sooo good.

Soldato
4 player is totally bonkers. A whirlwind of mushroom cat filled death, hoovering up everything of value and leaving nothing living behind. Great fun :)

I'm loving it in single player too. It's no Mario 64, but I don't think anyone expected that. Tiny levels crammed with Marioness and silly amounts of charm - there's nothing not to like. I would like another 'proper' sprawling flagship Mario game again one day - open levels, fully controllable camera, and a little more challenge - but can lap up bite-sized 3D Mario games of this quality as fast as they can make them.

Soldato
OP
From the DF analysis there it's reasonable to deduce that Nintendo COULD have done 1080P (at perhaps circa 35-40fps) but chose 720P (with AA) for a solid 60fps throughout.

Still looks gorgeous at 720P.

Goes to show what Nintendo considers priority - frame rate is key to playability imo.

Soldato
Yeah, Nintendo have always gone for buttery smooth gameplay. I believe Metroid Prime - which is arguably the best game on the GC/Wii. Or any platform for that matter! - is 60 fps throughout too. Now that's one game that deserves a WiiU remake.

Soldato
I played this with the 'brother in laws' at the weekend. Loved every second of it. Cant wait to get the misses on it at christmas as she loves mario too.
We are all pretty die hard Mario fans playing all the revisions to death and like many have said this is just as amazing as the last.

Soldato
Just got to world 4 with the GF. Really enjoyed every level so far, totally my number one Mario, Mario 64 had a good run but Nostalgia isn't a reason to say it will never be topped, it has been.

Soldato
Just got to world 4 with the GF. Really enjoyed every level so far, totally my number one Mario, Mario 64 had a good run but Nostalgia isn't a reason to say it will never be topped, it has been.

I dunno, they're almost too different to compare. Mario 64 was considerably larger in scope and more ambitious - bigger levels, more challenging, more focussed on exploration. 3D World is made up of tiny little chunks and oversaturated with Mario goodness. This seems to be the way Nintendo are going these days - the Galaxy games were the same. Small pickup and play levels crammed with stuff to do and play like a 3D/2D hybrid. They're great, but I really want a 'proper' 3D Mario on an epic scale again.

Having said that, 3D world is the most fun I've had gaming since Galaxy 2 :) Brilliant game. I find 2 players is the sweet spot btw as with 4 ppl it's totally bonkers!

Associate
I,m gobsmacked by the quality of this game...utterly brilliant !!
Any gamers out there on the fence about getting a Wii U ?
Do it.... even if its just for this one game, otherwise you are missing out on one of the most charming and FUN games to grace your living room.

169 stars and counting :)

Associate
Can i play with the large controller and a wii remote or is it like super mario and can only play more then one player with the controllers and not the screen controller?.

Back
Top Bottom