Burst pipe

Soldato
OP
I'd prob turn the water off, get a half moon of copper pipe, some foam padding and two jubilee clips, for a very temp fix.

My usual tried & trusted method is a hammer, very effective at stopping water flowing.:D

You would be amazed at the number of people I been to over the years,who stopcock is seized , both indoors & the one outside the house.

Even my present house, the indoor one was seized solid, & the one for outside bog is the same & needs replacing.

Last edited:
Associate
Providing you have a little bit of wiggle room in the pipes you could just use one of these for a quid.

If you don't, or the damage is larger, then you could get a couple and whatever length of 15 mm pipe is required and just replace the broken section of pipe.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd just use a coupler like above, only had to twice though.

I'm also surprised by the amount of siezed stopcocks, if you have no tools or parts and you can't stop the flow of water then just hammer the pipe flat.

Soldato
OP
Providing you have a little bit of wiggle room in the pipes you could just use one of these for a quid.

If you don't, or the damage is larger, then you could get a couple and whatever length of 15 mm pipe is required and just replace the broken section of pipe.

That's ok if you can isolate the water to make the repair, how peeps are going to have these to hand.

Had a burst pipe last winter at 2am, & wrong side of stopcock, pipe was even insulated :(, fortunately I had a hammer to hand to stop the flow.

Associate
Sorry didn't see this reply.

Yeah, if you can't isolate the damaged section then it's not as easy, you're going to get very wet lol.

Stopcocks are always a pain, they always seem to be in the wrong place or seized or worse still missing altogether.

Whenever I repair or take a new feed to somewhere first thing that goes on is an isolator where I take the branch from.

Man of Honour
Had a burst pipe last winter at 2am, & wrong side of stopcock, pipe was even insulated :(, fortunately I had a hammer to hand to stop the flow.

My last 2 houses have both had stopcocks that either were seized, or were unable to properly stop the water flow. And say, 20 or 30 litres of water a minute at around 2 bar quickly becomes a very big problem!

Back
Top Bottom