LG to Introduce 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide (Model UM95) monitor

Soldato
"At the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES),

LG Electronics (LG) will break new ground with the launch of its 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide (Model UM95) monitor.

Also available in a 29-inch version, the UM95 will offer stunning image clarity thanks to an UltraWide QHD resolution (3440 x 1440) display.

In addition to the UM95, LG will be showcasing a number of other exciting IPS 21:9 UltraWide series monitors at CES in Las Vegas from January 7-10, 2014.

Model UM65 (available in 25-, 29- and 34-inch display sizes) and model UB65 feature ergonomic designs ideal for the workplace environment.

CES visitors will also be able to experience the Real 4K (Model 31MU95) and the latest Color Prime (Model 27MB85) monitors from LG."

source

LG Flatron 34UM95-P 34" WideScreen Super-Wide LED Monitor @ £799.99 inc VAT

MO-106-LG_400.jpg

The UltraWide 21:9 aspect ratio makes movies and games more immersive than ever. Need to get some work done, too? All of that UltraWide real estate makes it easy to view multiple documents at the same time, so you don't need to flip back and forth between them.

The 3440X1440 UltraWide QHD display offers amazingly sharp picture quality. Its pixel area is about 1.8 times larger than an UltraWide Full HD 21:9 monitor, and about 2.4 times larger than a Full HD 16:9 monitor. It provides an efficient environment in using Microsoft Office programs showing 47 columns and 63 rows in excel.

sRGB is the standard color space of ideal color reproduction. So, with over 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum, this LG monitor is a great solution for professional photographers, graphic designers or anyone looking for highly accurate color.

Multitasking doesn't have to mean shuffling back and forth between windows*. With a single click, the 4-Screen Split feature divides the screen into as many as four customizable segments, two-by-two. Now you can see four different windows at the same time.

The Dual Linkup feature allows two compatible portable devices--such as a computer, camera, phone, or Blu-ray player--to be connected to the monitor, and both can be viewed on the same screen simultaneously.

This monitor's Thunderbolt input/output port allows you to connect up to six compatible devices, moving data between them with incredible speed. The two channels of 10-gigabits-per-second throughput in both directions are up to 20X faster than USB 2.0. Thunderbolt is an exciting innovation for both expansion and premium video display.

The DisplayPort digital video interface is used to connect a high-performance video source to a high-resolution monitor. Thanks to its sophisticated design, a DisplayPort cable can also be used to carry audio, USB signals and other data as well.

LG’s LED backlighting delivers exceptional brightness and amazing image clarity. You'll see richer colors and deeper blacks too, and LEDs offer greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD monitors.

IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology enhances thA dynamic contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1 is your assurance of strong video performance, with deep blacks, bright whites and pleasing colors.e performance of liquid crystal displays. Response times are shortened, color reproduction is improved, and users can now view the screen at virtually any angle.

Looking for the ultimate in fine-tuning for your LG monitor? This model is designed to work with compatible calibration devices* that take specific readings and guide you through precise adjustments of color, brightness and more.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34"
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Color Gamut (CIE1931): 99%
- Brightness (typical): 320 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Surface Treatment: Anti-Glare 3H
- Connectivity: 2x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort & 2x ThunderBolt
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited by a moderator:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Same, my GTX780 should cover that resolution perfectly as well and it would mean I could move to a single monitor instead of dual.

Permabanned
Holy mother of god its not just limited to 34" as PPI was my only worry on this display, and a lack of Nvidia gsync. But if i can have 29" with the same 3440x1440 resolution and gain PPI from 109 on the 34" up to 129PPI at 29". This one also has Displayport 1.2 and Thunderbolt :D

Nice find Scotti! Im chuffed 21:9 here we all come!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I am very interested in this too. Been using my AOC 29" ultrawide for a few weeks now, and whilst I love it for games (really wouldn't want to go back to a 16:xx monitor now), it is quite height restrictive when you are desktop-ing. I mainly use my laptop for desktop work though, so I am happy with the compromise. Not so sure I could live with it if I had to do a lot of desktop work on it though.

Soldato
We should be hearing about this this month, yeah?

I may have to drop 3D to get that 34" 3440x1440... I would be sad to see the back of 3D, but I don't have the space for that and a 27" 3D screen on my desk.

Maybe need to buy some new furniture... hmmm

Soldato
29" just seems a bit too small with having been using 27" monitors for so long.

Would certainly be easier to drive from a GPU perspective though.

Would have gone for a 32" on the current 2560x1080 res.

Soldato
I somehow missed the UM65....

So, this one is 34" as well, but the "cheaper" version. This likely to be 2560x1080 at 34", or likely to retain the same 3440x1440?

Somehow think for versatility, using other 1080p sources, the UM65 might be the way to go if it is 2560x1080. Will miss the vertical res a bit though.

Edit:
A bit of digging for info seems to indicate that the UM65 range will use the same screen as the UM95 range, so should still be 3440x1440. So guess that both a good and bad thing :) :( :)

http://hexus.net/tech/news/displays/63825-lg-details-monitors-launched-ces-2014-january/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom