***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Permabanned
basically they want the game fair. with how in the mod is it isnt fair ! no arguing, it isnt fair. admin in mod can have 24/7 live player watch spawn anything in.

thats just legit hacks because people run the server. so rockets limiting it. good !

so now the bubbles burst! and they have to play like normal players with no instant dmrs heli on retarst and no or less donations :p you wonder why the tears are falling !

im glad tbh. some will hate me for that but the abuse has kinda ruined the mod and when you see groups making 200-300 pound a month through abuse or exploitation its a joke.

so we have the standalone its a new dayz :cool: a new era ! :) new things to come . big groups will be quaking at how its going to effect there donations with the mod and how its going to die off and not being able to sell anything to people as more come play the standalone.

This. A community I was part of until the aforementioned admin abuse drove people away, including admin giving a popular youtube guy an apache gunship in Dayz, letting him blow up everyones bases that took 6 months to make, and then when youtuber left it and logged, telling the group that found it they had to blow it up or they would be banned, used admin tools to locate players and direct their youtubers there, giving them OP weapons and loadouts. They see it as fair as they own the server and youtube gains them more players.
They have a custom mod out now which doesn't have NVG's in the mod, but recently someone killed the youtuber and found nvg's on his body....
Anyway this youtuber suddenly refuses to play Dayz SA until there are "admin tools" available for it.....yeah right more like until he can use the admin map!

The problem with private hives was it was impossible to actually find a hosted public hive server to play on!

Soldato
thing is look at this from a players point of view

no more buying load out !
no more admin watching round map (telling others on teamspeak where loot is or players )
no more giving vehicles to group who own servers or spawning stuff in.

its just made the avg joe feel free to roam around again and play fairly. so overall its better for us players just not financially for groups ! ;)

I think really thats down to the way you play the game, you're what we used to call an early doors player (thats not a criticism btw) in that your character and play style isnt that effected by mass killing and the odd thunderdome because you play on the coast, predominantly PvP and kos etc. For us, and me personally I wasnt into that. I had a 40+ day old character with no murders so skiddies effected end game players a lot.

With regards the rest of your post I dont really understand what you're trying to say, the community was without doubt paranoid that every admin was cheating. I lost count of the volume of abuse we had to put up with which ranged from email, the forum and TS getting ddos, brute force attacks on the RDP to the box it was hosted to some bloke trying to gain account access from our hosts by pretending to be me.

Cheating was rampant and for the most part condoned, our ban list from script violations grew on average by about 20-30 per day and by the end it had over 2000 entries.Rocket didnt change anything, dwarden at BI did more than rocket did at that time tbh. It remains, for me personally the most cheat infested game ive played / hosted in over 10 years of hosting, without exception.

Permabanned
I must say really impressed with SA so far. At the moment it has a real sense of survivability, I think it just needs a few vehicles like 1970 ford f150's or something to move about in. I really don't want to see people driving around in indestructible LAV's with .50 cals all over them.

I like the zombie element too I just hope they don't spawn too many or make them too hard.

Soldato
lol was just happily exploring doing my own thing, found a new type of area compared to the DayZ mod, sorta looked like a military base, lots of fenced off areas, pipelines, medical building, few tower blocks etc.

Was looting some nice gear when i start hearing some guy with a US accent talking.

I guess if people are using in game comms you can hear them if they are close enough?

Only weapon i had was a wrench and i seen a guy climbing onto the roof, start whacking him with the wrench and the voice is like, hey some dude is hitting me. Guy then comes running for his mate and next thing i know the red d/c icon comes up and the server loses connection. Meh

2urry3b.jpg

This is the area i was mentioning, looked like lots of nice stuff in it

Last edited:
Soldato
I ran from cherno all the way to NW airfield today, found nothing of interest really. I got a mosin with no ammo and an axe.

I'm now dying of starvation. Oh well.

I think I'll enjoy it more once loot starts respawning.

Edit: Although I did have my first encounter with the new zombies and while they are improved from the whole lagging/zig-zag thing I still had them running through walls and doors which I was hoping they would have fixed by now.

Associate
lol was just happily exploring doing my own thing, found a new type of area compared to the DayZ mod, sorta looked like a military base, lots of fenced off areas, pipelines, medical building, few tower blocks etc.

Was looting some nice gear when i start hearing some guy with a US accent talking.

I guess if people are using in game comms you can hear them if they are close enough?

Only weapon i had was a wrench and i seen a guy climbing onto the roof, start whacking him with the wrench and the voice is like, hey some dude is hitting me. Guy then comes running for his mate and next thing i know the red d/c icon comes up and the server loses connection. Meh

2urry3b.jpg

This is the area i was mentioning, looked like lots of nice stuff in it
That the area just north of kamarovo? If so found that last night got a.fair bit of stuff from the barracks

Caporegime
yeah most people are hammering balota airstrip barracks. gotta watch it now though as many camp that area waiting for m4 lovers :p

logged in earlier near there and a guy was punching me as i spawned in :p shot him once in head carried on :D

Soldato
I think I will have to get back into this at some point it was great when I wasn't accidentally killed by those trying to help, also spent around 3 hours one night raiding someones base and putting their vehicles back together then took the lot, the most fun I have ever had on a PC(with my clothes on)

Caporegime
Drinks Cola......

" You are thirsty "

neil if you didnt know this already then find a well drink about twenty drinks from it then you shouldnt be thirsty for 30n-1hr ;)

some things are known or havent been explained but once you know its like a light went on then you realize its not that harsh its just your not doing it the correct way.

Back
Top Bottom