Look at buying a weekend toy.

Associate
OP
OpenToSuggestions: i did like the idea of a turbo mx5 but i would also like the idea of having a bigger boot. and i do like the idea of fitting 4 people if need (3 mile or less if they can sit cross legged) not sure on 205 gti i think most have had there day due to age and everyday use :(

86JR: good idea, did want something a more uncommon but the 172 will be in the back of my mind.

Gaygle: love Honda just dont like the look of that car :(

shauncr91: not a bad idea, i do fancy a jap car but i am really temped. i will test drive one before i make my mind up on any car.

rodenal: didnt think there was much room in the boot. will view one to see what they are like.

allllec: dont tempt me :p i think you need to spend more than 4k for a good solid one. never mind insurance

JonnyGeee: sorry not fan of them :(

rodenal: if only gt4 was more common they are like gold dust.

LizardKing: i am looking for one :)

adam cool dude: dont sure on them. but will look into them.

Matt82 after a look on ebay i think not :(

Associate
If this was me at 20years old i would go with a clio 172, its a brilliant little car.

You mentioned you want to mod your car. What kind of mods were you thinking? Go faster mods or look at me mods?

Soldato
Given the budget you should aim for £2k and pocket the rest because a £2k will be a worn out car, the remaining ammo in your pocket will be there to sort out problems and modify it.

This car, how much of a rip snorter do you want it to be?

Clio 172 sounds like an awesome answer to be honest

Soldato
328 sport is a great shout, you'll be able to insure one at 20 and are really rewarding cars to modify. Don't mess about like I did though, stick an evo rear end in it and build the diff with a 3.64 gear from e46 m3, you can use the shims out of the e46 one to give it plenty of breakaway torque too.

Soldato
But the suspension rebuild costs will be high unless you can do the spannering yourself, even then its still costly compared to cheap fun stuff like Golfs/Clios

For example you can replace the entire suspension on a Golf for £500, ball joints, bushes, mounts, the lot

Back
Top Bottom