Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
No thread for me to vent. So I will vent here as I am a VTEC owners anyway. The FN3s clutch is slipping a lot apparently, 1yr Honda warranty on it, so hopefully I can somehow blame the DMF.

It was a known issue with the 2.2d but Honda apparently upgraded the clutch in 2010 to fix it. In any case, some people seem to have HUK support for a replacement even on 2010 60k mile cars.

Associate
Phone call 8:30am from Scotland, buyer turns up 2pm Manchester, Looks around, takes it for a spin, pays me asking price. Ep3 sold 2:30pm.

Very happy, The buyer couldn't believe how immaculate it was. I did have a hard time understanding his accent though. :o

Associate
Can't argue with that! Im happy for you but gutted as well, was hoping you still had yours for sale in Feb as I would have been able to afford it by then :( so clean and such excellent value for money.

You're not the only one. I've had so many people asking me to hold the car for them as they didn't have money due to christmas but I'm glad it's gone as I didn't want it to be just parked up for months getting neglected. Enjoying my FN2 for now though :D

Soldato
29fr2g7.jpg

Cant wait for it to be finished.. soon

Permabanned
Thinking about what mods next for my EP3.

So far, Tegiwa, R8byb silenced midpipe and Kpro.

Would a Piper 4-2-1 sports cat be a good option? I wouldn't know how else to get around MOT time?

Also thinking RBC header, would it be best to do these at the same time?

Last edited:
Soldato
IO dont know the ins and outs of the EP3 but if your looking at an RBC you will need a proper map as fueling and all sorts will be out. A good 4-2-1 mani with a removable 200cel cat at the top end of the bpipe would be the best way to go. You wont lose the length on the secondaries that meaning more mid range grunt (torque higher and earlier with more power over the range) and a potentially lower vtec point when mapped. RBC doesnt do much for the car until about 6krpm onwards but you still talking a good 10bhp at the top end.

Soldato
Is it Area motorsport doing your charger conversion AM?

Not many folk running the Kraftwerks kit either, how has the installation been? They are developing a rotrex kit for the mx5 which looks pretty promising.

Soldato
Is it Area motorsport doing your charger conversion AM?

Not many folk running the Kraftwerks kit either, how has the installation been? They are developing a rotrex kit for the mx5 which looks pretty promising.
Area are fitting, Tegiwa/Skunk2 europe/kraftwerks europe have supplied the kit. TDI are doing the mapping.

Install was pretty straight forward from what i under stand apart from the intercooler pipe work, the requirement for a custom rad and the need for a different belt for the pulley.

Should hopefully be done soon, fingers crossed.

But engine spec wise will be interesting to see the power and how it delivers it.

Cams are remaining standard but pretty much everything else (bar forging) has been changed.

larger TB (FD2)
Exhaust manifold (Martelius custom)
stainless exhaust (milltek)
Intake manifold (same as skunk2 pro series but with kraftwerks stamped on it)
C30-94 rotrex blower
Intercooler (the new kraftwerks standard)
oil cooler (rotrex part)
rad (custom thing from tegiwa so all fits)
CAI thats similar to skunk2 (kraftwerks same company)
battery relocation, part of kit?
fuel rail + fuel pressure gauge (K-tuned)
Engine mount inserts
fuel pump (bosch 044 or walbro)
1000/1300cc injectors up from 330cc (grams)
FD2 oil pump.
Competition clutch light weight fly wheel
Competition clutch ceramic 6 puck clutch
Hondata FlashPro

The kit inc fitting would usually be between £5000 and £5500 but its all in for £2750 as its a first.

Manifold, fuel rail and other bits all come in at around £3300 + fitting. It wouldnt surprise me if that came in at £10k if you didnt have savings from being the test subject in some cases. Id of certainly not gone for a super charger thats for sure at £5k+

Part of me thinks I should have got another car.. I mean £8k on a car, £500 to uprate brakes all round, £150 to springs, £180 for FRS, probably around £3500 for wheels, body parts and engine dress up...

A good £20k spent all in I think :/

Soldato
My brain is going crazy with the amount of cars you could get for 20k obviously there is no fun in that if you want a modded car and a feature in a mag or whatever

I hope its not all debt and you dont strip it 5 mins after its finished, happens all too often

Back
Top Bottom