Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Its a lot of money looking at it but its one of those things where by Id get £1800-2k back for body parts, £6k for the car, £3-4k for the charger kit and about £3k for wheels, other engine parts, manifolds, exhasuts, flash pro etc. Not all doom and gloom.

£2-3k will be the hit on having the car for near 2 years.

So breaking it up ill get £15k.. around £5k loss for 2 years of ownership, labour on the car and for having fun for 2 years.

Not bad when you think about it.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
doubtful, the market for moderately modified vehicles is slim. people dont want to spend loads of money on second hand parts.

just look at my parts. for sale for ages. no biters

anyone want a gruppe m or some recaros? :p

Soldato
doubtful, the market for moderately modified vehicles is slim. people dont want to spend loads of money on second hand parts.

just look at my parts. for sale for ages. no biters
I guess im just lucky that the FN2 owners are happy to spend money on parts if the EP3 owners are historically tight.

Car back to standard will get £5-6k, it has a good service history and has (since I have owned it) everything swapped out when it has been needed to be, such as services, brake pads, discs etc etc.

Im not going to get the £500 spend on discs, pads and lines etc but they are servicable and would have needed doing even if I got OEM parts rather than uprated.

Labour doesnt count either so if we ignore labour, servicable parts etc then I have spent £16-17k on the car meaning I will lose only a couple of grand. If I could get my service costs back i would have had the car serviced monthly rather than when it needed it.

Soldato
NSX money

Never have 2 words nailed the truth soo well :)

Loving get the idea of charging an FN2 and accept the reasoning why people mod, but in this case an NSX would have been king and actually ended up maybe even earning him money along with the sheer epicness of having an NSX.

Off to PH to research and do some man maths, I need to keep occupied whilst sunning it up here in Thailand ;)

Permabanned
According to Castrol website only 5W-40 has A40 approval and the turbo diesel version does not list A40 approval.

Is it just a case they are both same oil and on the diesel branded version they don't list the Porsche approval as Porsche don't do diesel cars?

Panamera and Cayenne are both available in turbo diesel.

As for the money, yeah £20k is NSX territory however there is a big difference between spending £20k on mods as and when you can afford it vs lumping £20k down in one go!

Soldato
Nice I thought it was your car down at Brosport. I cut Rob out from Area and go straight to Dave and Mark under their Brosport guise and save a fortune. All good no doubt your motor will be awesome with those goodies on!

Not sure why you get ripped for spending your dosh as you wish but enjoy it dude!

Last edited:
Caporegime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXLLU2GkwY

This is immense. Are these really this fun with reliability?

Yeah that's an S2000 I'm its element, driven well on ideal roads. Although it's an Ap2 so only revs to 8k.

9k is much more fun, every drive of mine is an event.

Not sure why you'd mod a civic when the S2000 is sat there waiting to be bought. 250hp out the box and he complete package.

Associate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXLLU2GkwY

This is immense. Are these really this fun with reliability?

Yeah that's an S2000 I'm its element, driven well on ideal roads. Although it's an Ap2 so only revs to 8k.

9k is much more fun, every drive of mine is an event.

Not sure why you'd mod a civic when the S2000 is sat there waiting to be bought. 250hp out the box and he complete package.

You're not half selling the car Simon.
Still; For my uses, the S2000 is on the top of a list, containing very few cars that interests me.
Now back to saving, an looking forward to the days, I start shopping for one. :)

Caporegime
Proper car in my view and I've driven a few good cars. It has it's flaws sure, and isn't for everyone.

Not many other cars justify the premium in terms of involvement, eg an Aventador isn't 10x the car.

Permabanned
What is the difference between AP1 and AP2? I was told AP2 handles better out of the box, but costs more to tax?

Back
Top Bottom