Gamblers of OCUK

Associate
No, gambling should not be compared to things like going to the cinema or bowling. With gambling, you bet and you don't know if you're going to win or lose. With cinema or bowling at least you know what you are getting or paying for. It's easy to keep gambling, thinking you will win back what you've lost. Going to the cinema/bowling like 5 times in one night is not quite the same as spending your evening gambling is it?

You're paying for the rush just before/during the win. The loss is just like realising the film you watched is ****.

It's about self control. Just like how no-one's stopping you from watching 5 films in a row.

Soldato
Well then cinema/bowling is much more worth it then. With gambling it can happen so fast that you feel like you've not even gambled, leading to more gambling. Have you heard of gambling addictions? You don't hear of things like cinema or bowling addictions do you?

Associate
Well then cinema/bowling is much more worth it then. With gambling it can happen so fast that you feel like you've not even gambled, leading to more gambling. Have you heard of gambling addictions? You don't hear of things like cinema or bowling addictions do you?

It's still about self control and mentality.

In my opinion, I think the cinema is not fun/worth it while I find spending a few hours out with some friends, having a chat and laugh and gambling a bit of money is fun (key point is you play to lose).

With all due respect, I understand exactly where you are coming from. But it depends on person to person and usually, a certain type of person ends up being addicted.

Associate
I would put around £20 for online sit and gos (£3.50 - £10 tables) every 3 to 4 months (with nothing in between).

It's just a bit of fun for me. I know I will lose eventually...

Nothing addictive about it for me. I would play 5-man games in my house every 3 to 4 weeks and spend £5 to £10 on each game. Generally, it's an even win distribution amongst my friends.

Going for a bit of 888 poker now incidentally!

Best advice is only spend what you're happy enough to lose at the end of it all, not just the first deposit.

Back
Top Bottom