** The Official Call of Duty: Ghosts (CoD 2013) thread ***

Soldato
I would love to give Extinction a go but sadly I only have 2 mates who have XB1 the others went PS4, 1 doesn't like 'survival' type modes and the other hates CoD games.. sigh. The fact I can't use the microphone on my headset and using the kinect to talk dampens the game sound doesn't help matters unfortunately.

Associate
What headset are you using? I've just managed to get my Phantoms to work for chat by some ghetto soldering work onto the XB1 cable. Wasn't difficult at all.

Associate
I've had a quick look at the manual for your headphones. It looks possible. However, if you can wait a few short months the new adapters will be out which will allow for connectivity to your headset.

Soldato
Traded in my disc copy for a digital download. Didn't realise the full game was installed from disc as I didn't have to DL anything extra for it to work so obviously only difference is a check if the disc is in the drive or not.

Soldato
It's so sad that pretty much everyone you get teamed up with/against are all dribbling morons making the game completely one sided for one team or the other. It's so depressing to lose a game when you have 35+ kills and <5 deaths just because some idiot went 0-18. It's not even fun when it's the opposite and you're steam rolling the other team because there is no challenge and they just rage quit because they're getting crapped all over.

Soldato
Unless somebody is clearly trolling and they go 0 -18, it's harsh to call them an idiot. Maybe they're new or just had a really really bad game. I'll take the idiot who is at least trying to play the objective in certain game modes over the douche who is 30 - 3 but is only playing for himself and doesn't help the team. I see that a lot on Domination, it's been going on for a very long time. The guy near the top of the board with 0 captures shouting abuse down at the guy with a lot of deaths but 8 or 9 captures, I'm not saying that's what you're getting at by the way it's just something that has always bugged me about CoD games.

Soldato
it's been going on for a very long time.

It's been going on since at least MW2. I remember playing Demolition on that game and had some idiots shouting abuse because I planted the bomb and they were just wanting to kil farm. I told them to go play TDM in that case and they eventually quit when me and my friends kept actually playing for the objective :rolleyes:

Soldato
Am I the only person who actually seems to like this game?

It's no Black Ops 1 (My fave, though I never got into CoD4 MP) but its a vast improvement over the last two.

Not a great game but not too bad. Certainly less lag and hit detection and spawn problems. Though I have a few obviously dodgy monents on on my XB1 awaiting upload.

Soldato

Nope, I like it to, much better than Black Ops 2:

1. Much less BS - ok so there's IEDs, but they are less annoying than the constant monkey-tossing C4 players and betty's everywhere, which is probably due to the bigger map sizes.
2. Not constantly dying after spawning due to kill streaks.
3. Seems much more fluid movement as other IW games.
4. Way better hit detection, much less instances of being shot round corners and dodgy camera angles where your enemy sees you first and you insta-die.
5. I encounter way less people sniping (and die less from it - although others will argue otherwise) and personally feel that sniping is harder than blops2 (not MASSIVELY harder) since the DSR in that game was ridiculous.

Negatives:

1. Spawns are still an issue.
2. Maps can be very campy and its hard to find people.
3. Potentially more boring than Blops 2 due to the above, but maybe the fact that we are 'cod'd out' may have something to do with it.

I haz 4090!
Don
I love it, just it's a solo game for me as hardly anyone on here seems to play it for the PS4, and my mates aren't interested. I'll just play it when I've nothing else to play.

jpm

jpm

Associate

Nope :p We have a lot of fun playing it, only thing that gets on my nerves is campers and I.E.D's.

Like that one game we were in when the whole opposing team camped in their spawn.
But once we get into a lobby with just the odd camper and sniper its a lot of fun.

Man of Honour
It's so sad that pretty much everyone you get teamed up with/against are all dribbling morons making the game completely one sided for one team or the other. It's so depressing to lose a game when you have 35+ kills and <5 deaths just because some idiot went 0-18. It's not even fun when it's the opposite and you're steam rolling the other team because there is no challenge and they just rage quit because they're getting crapped all over.

I didn't know you had ghosts.

Back
Top Bottom