*** Youtube/Video thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Not sure if you can embed vimeo on here? anyone?

All from my GoPro 3 black edition, what a year!

Vimeo (HD and works on mobile)
http://vimeo.com/83226314

Or if that doesn't work, here is the youtube (doesn't work on mobiles)

Is this video yours? If so, I am thinking about going to Germany in the near future. I would like to know about that trail near the Neuschwanstein, are the tourists allowed to go there?

Soldato
Not sure if you can embed vimeo on here? anyone?

All from my GoPro 3 black edition, what a year!

Vimeo (HD and works on mobile)
http://vimeo.com/83226314

Or if that doesn't work, here is the youtube (doesn't work on mobiles)

Is this video yours? If so, I am thinking about going to Germany in the near future. I would like to know about that trail near the Neuschwanstein, are the tourists allowed to go there?

Yes it's mine. Yes that climb on the video only shows height at a third of the mountain, it's REALLY high. I have a photo where I am level with handgliders...

We literally didn't plan it and don't hike, so did it back to front and went up to the castle (approximately 1 hour from parking in the fields). Then had a large beer...which lead to us climbing and hiking way high to the top, getting lost and stuck with no food/drink and a rather long trek back as we missed the last lift down. It took us approximately 3-4 hours to climb up to the top where the cable car gets to, then about 1-2 hours to get down as we absolutely stormed it. However we took a wrong turn and ended up following a false trail and put ourselves in quite a bit of danger, adding another 2-3 hours to our journey.

I would love to do it again with some prep, it's fairly easy with awesome views. I would go left and take the cable car up before lunch, then hike down to the castle side for after lunch, then eat/drink at the castle before looking around and seeing the other castle on the other side, which brings you back down to the fields and where we parked up on the side of the road (empty road).

Highly recommend it to anyone looking for an adventure! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom