Fuji X Series

Associate
Hi,

Rather then continuing discussion of X Series camera in numerous unrelated thread, I think it deserves its own thread to coincide with this mornings press releases.

So as predicted by many rumor sites the X100s black is now official, along with the XF 56 f/1.2 lens.

Check here for the official press release for:

- X Mount Lens Roatmap
- Black X100s
- Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2

The lens roadmap in particular looks very interesting and it is good to see Fuji is investing a lot into this system.

olv

olv

Soldato
I really like the look of the X system. I'm hoping my X-M1 order is fulfilled in time to claim the cash back offers. The offers at the moment have certainly brought them a lot of new customers, it'll be interesting to see how solid that makes them.

Good to see decent lenses being released from the beginning, a bit of a failing of the Sony NEX system and likely why it hasn't been all that successful.

Soldato
Loving my X-Pro 1 in the short time I've had it and that 52mm is going to be an absolute corker I'm sure. I will have to get it when it comes down in price I'd imagine! :p

Associate
I am also loving my X-Pro 1 too, only had it since the beginning of November 2013, not had too much chance to use it yet but when I have its been very enjoyable indeed.

The new roadmap looks excellent, I think Fuji have listened a lot to what people want/ask for. Exciting times I think!

Great idea to have a dedicated thread nolimit!! :)

Associate
I wish Fuji could add the option of setting the AF/AE lock as AF-ON. It works as AF ON in manual focus mode but since it's in MF it removes the AF correction box (which helps with correcting for parallax error). They've been very good with firmware updates though, bought an X-Pro 1 shortly after V2.0 was released.

Soldato
Love what they're doing, hate that it's APS-C because that in itself makes it difficult for me to justify a full system swap. I realise it has its merits but being APS-C limits it to always being a second system to me. I realise it's not particularly aimed at my sorts of usage and I can't really complain that it's not rivaling a Hasselblad any time soon, but I would absolutely love something like the X100 with a 35mm sensor and 50mm lens as a walkabout - they all seem to have 35mm or wider equiv lenses which just doesnt suit my style as a walkaround.

Associate
OP
Ksanti, X100 with 35mm sensor and 50mm lens would be awesome but I feel the demand will be lower then 35mm. Also the cost will be similar to that of Sony RX1.

Best alternative is X-Pro1 with 35mm f/1.4 for now.

Associate
I have recently bought an x-e1 and 18-55mm for 649 with 100 cash back, and 35mm with another 100 cash back. I love it, sure, the focusing isn't DSLR good, it's best described as adequate.

But the image quality, general operation and quality of lenses is excellent.

Its a system I'll be adding to, hopefully rumours of a faster weather sealed body will prove true.

Al

Soldato
Absoluetly love my X Pro-1. Had to jump when there was a free lens offer. I feel having the 18 and 35mm lenses (28.8mm and 56mm equivalent) really make this camera very versatile for my shooting. I don't even class the noise as noise on this camera, it's very much like film grain so i'll happily shoot at 6400 with no worries. I am used to Canon noise though so anything is better than that disgusting chroma noise.

Was an excellent accompaniment for Norway over New Years.

QmzF0at.jpg

Also, the depreciation or lack of is very welcome. It was such a good deal that when the X Pro-2 comes about i'll definitely get it. I also like how the X Pro-1 gets all the software improvements the others get even after all this time. I feel if it was any other company they'd purposefully gimp the camera to make you buy another.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Given that Fuji didn't introduce replacement model, it will be difficult to find the 18mm kit until the free lens deal runs out at the end of January.

Going to send my free lens paperwork tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Here is example of ISO 3200. Too easy!

Scaled to:

25%
DSCF0583.jpg

50%
DSCF0583_50.jpg

100%
DSCF0583_100.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Over 2k for fixed lens camera is a lot of money if your just looking for something compact. I'd go for X100s if I were you, and still have money left to buy another L lens.

Edit: For the price of Sony RX optical viewfinder you can get X100. or if you needed the lens hood then you can probably get X100s for the equivalent amount. Crazy money!

Last edited:
Soldato
Given that Fuji didn't introduce replacement model, it will be difficult to find the 18mm kit until the free lens deal runs out at the end of January.

Going to send my free lens paperwork tomorrow.

It took me a month to get the lens through. I think it's down to them not wanting people to just take the camera back and claim a free lens and be £300-400 better off. They did send mine out a few days early for me though after i explained that i was going away and would love to have the 35mm with me.

Caporegime
Too long!

You need to spend your money now! But not on Sony RX1 with its popup flashy gimmicky thing.

Well, the problem is if I look at what else I can get for the money I get distracted...

If I get a EM1 with 35mm is £550.
An X-Pro 1 is £900.

Now, what can I get with nearly £1k? Lenses that I would use more than 5 times a year.

Canon 50L/1.2
16-35/2.8L II
Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/50

Either I will stick it on a 5D, either ii/iii, won't matter. As apart from Fuji size, which is the main advantage, with a nice 50mm will be better than the Fuji, any Fuji. I thought long and hard about it. The thing I like about the Fuji is the size and the wifi.

Size - I travelled for the past 5 years with my 5D without a single complaint so I am not going to start now.

Wifi - If I am buying it to post better Instagram pictures, I might as well put the £550 to a new iPhone 5S. I would post even more pictures on Instagram than wifi from the Fuji. Which lets face it I would have the phone with me more than any other camera.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom