** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Associate
COD4 with promod was probably the best fps ever. The maps, guns, gameplay, competitive scene. Shame the series has been nothing but trash since then.

Yep I agree, there were server lists, stock maps and mod maps and some of these were excellent, they even made a winter version of the Crash map called 'winter crash' just in time for christmas and didn't charge for it lol.
They should release these games every other year and get the damn things right before release rather than use us to test them and then patch.
I'm sick of whining on about my crossfire not working, none of my other games have this, even Project Cars runs better than this and thats not even at Beta stage yet!

Soldato
Is there any way to turn off mouse acceleration?

What actually worked for me was keeping acceleration on, setting windows mouse speed to 6/11, turning down the mouse speed in game to the second lowest setting and then setting my mouse DPI to the highest it can go (3200).

Once I did that, the odd mouse acceleration glitches went away and everything feels much smoother.

Soldato
Anyone actually played this game for more than 10mins?

It keeps freezing up on me about 10seconds after I jump over the fallen log at the beginning :( **** poor.

No apparent fix that I can find :(

Soldato
Anyone getting constant 'Steam Connect Failed' errors every 10 seconds? Guessing it's Christmas load but for a game so big you can't really use that as an excuse :(. Thought I'd treat myself last night, don't make me regret it, IW!

Associate
Got this game for Xmas which is lucky I guess as I would have never paid more then £10 for a call of duty game I only play the single player part since MW2 seeing as its more of a Camp and Hack fest anytime I have tried the later games

Soldato
For anyone still have issues with the scope/ weapon sights flickering with SLi set ups....I've found a fix that works.

Download and install NVIDIA Inspector.

Open the advanced driver menu (little square button with spanner)

Set SLi render mode to "Force SFR".

Working perfectly and has reduced overall stuttering.

Soldato
Anyone actually played this game for more than 10mins?

It keeps freezing up on me about 10seconds after I jump over the fallen log at the beginning :( **** poor.

No apparent fix that I can find :(

I finished it (single player only) with only one or two crashes, I think. Some great missions in there I just wish they would stop the infuriating 'do this now, or die', 'press this key now, or die', 'you did not go exactly where we want you to do, and were instead unaccountably exploring or admiring some of the beautiful maps, die!'. When will they learn that taking control away from players is a bad thing?

They're awful killjoys sometimes. Worth it for the space missions alone though, they were class and they look pretty sweet maxed out.

Soldato
Has anyone successfully resolved the mouse issues using Windows 8.1?

I recently re-installed Black Ops (also affected by 8.1 apparently) and it plays absolutely fine but each time I try and play Ghosts I give up after 10 seconds as it's literally uncontrollable in game.

Soldato
Has anyone successfully resolved the mouse issues using Windows 8.1?

I recently re-installed Black Ops (also affected by 8.1 apparently) and it plays absolutely fine but each time I try and play Ghosts I give up after 10 seconds as it's literally uncontrollable in game.

Tried this?: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200800652#.UuJLi6NFCiM

Also heard some successes with below:

Disable mouse acceleration
drop polling rate in windows to 250

Soldato
Brought this today but having performance issues, for some reason its maxing out core 8 to 100% usage and barely using the rest of my CPU causing it to stutter

As you can see below GPU's are hovering around 50%, cores 1-7 are really low but core8 at the bottom is at 100% nearly all the time. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT* forgot to say this is with FPS capped at 65

equqdu.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys,

Only recently started playing Ghost and I'm a bit disappointed with the graphics with my setup - see sig. I haven't got the latest system I know but the game genuinely does look awful! With everything on high/ultra the surroundings look so bland, there's literally no depth or detail to them?

I also periodically get white blotches all over the screen, usually after a change of setting and resolved after a restart. I'm using the latest Cats and running at 1920*1080.

Is this just how its going to be :(

Man of Honour
Just beaten this, thoughts below:

+Good performance
+Visuals good in places (although a bit random)
+Reasonable weaponry
+Riley sections actually kinda work OK, better than expected anyway

-Indoor textures look very shoddy e.g. when on a ship
-Gimmicky sections controlling support weaponry are very basic just generally point and click
-Usual annoying CoD BS whereby invert mouse randomly gets turned off in some sections e.g. gun turrets - same thing happened in BO iirc
-Difficult to really get into the characters, I didn't much care what happened to them, a far cry from say MW
-Although I have usually been happy with 'more of the same' when it comes to high quality shooters, it is starting to get a bit repetitive now - especially the cinematic sections where you have to be on edge wondering what random key you will have to mash when the 'Simon says' message pops up. It's got to the stage now where towards the end of the game I am waiting for the slow motion boss fight where I'll have to grab a pistol.
-Space sections, while a laudable attempt to mix things up a bit, were typically dull and at times frustrating
-Kept crashing all the time until I overrode tesselation setting in CCC
-FOV too low and seemingly no way to change it
-Lacks the epic set pieces you usually get with CoD games - nothing memorable here
-Annoying long load times even when installed to SSD (intrestingly task manager seemed to suggest disk access was only around 50MB/s with CPU @ ~100%)
-Poor AI squadmates, usually with CoD you get some sort of feeling of camaraderie, that you can enjoy pushing forward as a team. In Ghosts I wasn't even compelled to feel anything for my brother - may as well have given us some squad orders or something to give them some purpose.

Overall I thought the game was 'OK' but reading the above I'm wondering why! It offers nothing over the many modern day FPS from the past 6-7 years or so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom