*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Last night I loaded BF4 for the first time and the disc drive sounded like a Jet taking off , there's no grinding or clicking noise just that typical high speed drive sound. Now I can't remember my games loading this loud, can't just be BF4?! Everything works fine, the game loaded without issue. Anyone else had something similar?

Soldato
Finally ordered one, it was a tough decision whether to choose this or the PS4 but ultimately Titanfall swayed me this way, I will carry on playing Ghosts (£10 upgrade from 360) until its release.
I will probably still pick up a PS4 at some point later in the year.

Associate
Is anyone else having problems connecting their xbox one to xbox live atm ??? i read earlier were problems but the website says its just a kinect problem now ??

Soldato
Not had any issues myself. I am at work now but will check mine when I get home this evening.

I am sure there is a website that lets you see the XBL status. I will see if I can find it.

Soldato
http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Xbox Live Core Services up and running
Purchase and Content Usage up and running
Website up and running
TV, Music and Video up and running
Social and Gaming up and running

Kinect Nat Geo TVLimited:

"Hi Xbox members, are you having trouble trying to play videos on Kinect Nat Geo TV? We'll take it from here. Our team of engineers is engaged and working hard with our partner to find a fix. Thanks for being patient while we work. We'll update you as soon as everything is ready to go again."

Associate
Yep its straight forward. You can contact UPS once your replacement arrives (if you do the advanced exchange)

Bit odd that your bank blocked the payment

My bank said it had nothing to do with them.
So the chap from support must have been doing somthing wrong or the system was playing up.

Anyway, found the self service online and it was pretty straight forward to sort out.

Repalcement arrived this morning, so quick turn around.

Soldato
My bank said it had nothing to do with them.
So the chap from support must have been doing somthing wrong or the system was playing up.

Anyway, found the self service online and it was pretty straight forward to sort out.

Repalcement arrived this morning, so quick turn around.

Glad you got it sorted mate I suffered the same thing with the Kinect failing. Only soon to be followed by the console failing.

Console getting replaced tomorrow, and they are bringing a free game along as a sorry for the bad luck.

Associate
Glad you got it sorted mate I suffered the same thing with the Kinect failing. Only soon to be followed by the console failing.

Console getting replaced tomorrow, and they are bringing a free game along as a sorry for the bad luck.

Cheers.
Out of interest, how did you send yours back?
The instructions dont make a whole load of sence and repeat as well.

Says somthing along the lines of:

1) Attach the return details to the box and write the return address on the box
2) Write the return address on the box (a repeat of what its just said in step one)
3)Post the parcel
You will be responsible for any pick up charges.

So aswell as being poorly worded and repeating itself, im a bit unsure how im suposed to get it to UPS. Theres no number to call supplied, but I looked online and do see they have places designated as UPS drop off points. Assume i have to use these and not a standard Royal Mail post office.

Im also assuming the bit about pick up charges relates to if i had UPS come to my house and pick it up.

Guess a call to m'soft is in order.

One other little quirk, was that when I recieved my order confirm email the header said Xbox 360 Kinect with an old Kinect photo. Probably where they have rehashed the old template, but threw me for a sec.

Caporegime
UPS do not charge a pick up charge, I just phoned them up and arranged collection from my office, 2 hours later it was collected and on it's way to MS.

The UPS drop off points will more than likely charge you a handling fee (my local one wanted £5 to hold my parcel).

Man of Honour
As some of you will no doubt noticed, the forums have been a lot slower recently. One of the reasons for this is the amount of threads we have which are incredibly large, such as this one. To this end, I've shifted the original thread to the Archives, and started this new one. I'll move some of the last posts into this thread now.

If you want to read the start of this thread in it's entirety, please go to http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18514119

Associate
going back to a 360, the lack of support for external devices or playing media via a burnbt disc is doing my **** in. so much for a media centre, its crap end of!

Yes fifa etc look nice but I miss being able to bung in my usb stick and play films or music... its pap!

Caporegime
Any work around to give away the Killer Instinct code I got sent? It says it's only for the intended gamertag. Has anyone tested this? Seems a shame to lose it as I won't be getting an xbone and it expires June.

Back
Top Bottom