*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Yeah but we are talking about the all in one panny systems that don't allow DTS via optical.

The Panasonic does not support DTS through its optical input but they will accept DD or PCM.

Like robbobloke has said before once the Xbox one receives the DD software update it wont be an issue:)

Don
Guys, just getting sound from the Xbox is there anyway to use my PC headset?

I have a DAC that converts digital to analogue rca (red and white jobbies), I currently have PC speakers using this conneciton but is there anyway to get a PC headset to work that just has a 2.5mm connection?

Soldato
OP
Guys, just getting sound from the Xbox is there anyway to use my PC headset?

I have a DAC that converts digital to analogue rca (red and white jobbies), I currently have PC speakers using this conneciton but is there anyway to get a PC headset to work that just has a 2.5mm connection?

Buy a new DAC with a headphone amp built into it and a headphone adapter plug :p

3.5mm Stereo Jack Female to 2.5mm Stereo Jack Male Audio Adapter
SPDIF DAC Pro with Headphone Amp

Associate
I'm still having issues with purchasing the extended warranty.
The call back service was down but I managed to find a number on the net.
I spoke with someone in xbox support Ireland who could see the issue is that my console warranty is currently expiring on 6th February 2015.
So over 2 months later than it should be. So instead of the system seeing that you want to extend a one year with an additional 2 it's getting confused as you already have more than a year.

He's raised a ticket with support to look at modifying my account to enable me to buy it but it's only a couple of days away from the 45 day limit for purchasing so its getting silly if they don't get back to me in time.
He also couldn't tell me why it's adding 23% tax on to the £59.99 and said that I should open a ticket on the ask Microsoft website!??

This is ridiculous, I'm going around in circles with the website and unable to pay for a service and give them my money.
Not only that but no one in support is actually able to just say: hey, lets take payment over the phone for £59.99 and link the warranty to your account. They seem to be completely useless as does their website.

Soldato
Just wondered if anyone has been using the fitness app?

I had a quick blast on the weekend and think its something I will add into my weekly fitness stuff.

Not bad for a part of a gold subscription.

Soldato
I tried the Fitness app, but cannot use it as apparently I don't have enough bandwidth on my Broadband connection to run the videos lol, it appears to stream the videos rather than letting you download them and no option to run in SD instead of full HD???

Soldato
Just wondered if anyone has been using the fitness app?

I had a quick blast on the weekend and think its something I will add into my weekly fitness stuff.

Not bad for a part of a gold subscription.

Yep, both me and the GF have been using it most nights since launch.

It's very good IMO, and the streaming issues seem to have calmed down since the last update. Hopefully they add a few more 10 minute routines soon as that's usually all the time I get :p

Soldato
Ah good replies guys!

Yeah I only had a quick go the other night as trying some of the stuff without a mat (on wooden floors) was less than desirable.

I will be trying to get into this as much as possible as I try to stay in shape as much as possible (biking, squash, football etc.)

Good addition to the console on launch I think. even if the trainer videos are really over enthusiastic.

Associate
I've had a few goes with the fitness app and really enjoy it. Tried the Insanity one the other day, had to give up at 28 minutes in, my fitness is shockingly bad! They do end up going at quite a rate though haha.

Soldato
I've had a few goes with the fitness app and really enjoy it. Tried the Insanity one the other day, had to give up at 28 minutes in, my fitness is shockingly bad! They do end up going at quite a rate though haha.

The thing with this kind of work out though is that it gets easier over time. ITs designed for people who are already a tad in shape.

Stick it out mate, it will be really beneficial to you.

Soldato
Interesting to read MS have said they've sold "Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013." which given the dire predictions of a flop is a pretty good start, particularly when you take into account the PR FUBARs earlier in the year. Given it's still in only 13 countries vs the PS4s 48 it bodes well for a well supported platform going forward although only time will tell if letting Sony get a head start in other countries was a huge mistake or not. Without doubt SP4 will have outsold XO globally as the incumbent, in fact it's pretty remarkable Xbox has managed to gain the market share it has in a relatively few years competing with a giant that completely dominated the industry. It was only a few years ago that any console was referred to as a "PlayStation" although that seems to have slipped a bit of late.

For XO users hopefully this leaves us in a good position, XO has sold enough to be taken seriously by publishers to ensure decent titles, but has left MS unable to sit back and relax so I'm hoping for some real proactive improvements and updates based on community and dev feedback for the XO from MS over the next 12 months as they try to win back some market share. Fingers crossed although there's always the slight worry of never underestimating the ability of a huge company to screw something up. :)
http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

Back
Top Bottom