X-Wing

Soldato
Does anyone else here play X-Wing? It's a space combat game from Fantasy Flight. All the models are pre-painted (heresy!) but I can't stop collecting them. :o

Here's some pictures from our games:

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

And now with a play mat... :)

hf25EtA.jpg

Soldato
Awesome collection. The mat is great :) Where did you get that from?

I actually have the game, just haven't got round to playing yet. I was a little annoyed that it only came with 3 ships - was expecting more - and the price of extras, but everything else about the game looks top notch. How many ships do you need for a decent game btw?

Soldato
OP
Yeah, it's not a cheap game to get into. The smaller ships are around £10 each and the new capital ships go up to around £65! The mat is from a company called Gale Force 9. Lots of online shops in the UK stock them. Fantasy Flight are bringing out their own tiles to play on soon too.

I think you can have a decent game with just the starter box. Normal games are around 100 points a side, which will get you between three and eight ships. Imperial forces tend to have more ships as TIE Fighters are dirt cheap.

Associate
Yeah i pick it up after xmas had. Really enjoyed it. Collection will grow pretty quick as im doing the rebels and wife is doing the imps.

Soldato
Yeah i pick it up after xmas had. Really enjoyed it. Collection will grow pretty quick as im doing the rebels and wife is doing the imps.

Long live the Empire! Death to the Rebel Alliance.

Alas, my wife's opinion of X-Wing is "That game looks like a fiddly mess" but luckily my son and friends are X-Wing players. I stick to my beloved eurogames with the wife.

Soldato
Yeah, it's not a cheap game to get into. The smaller ships are around £10 each and the new capital ships go up to around £65! The mat is from a company called Gale Force 9. Lots of online shops in the UK stock them. Fantasy Flight are bringing out their own tiles to play on soon too.

I think you can have a decent game with just the starter box. Normal games are around 100 points a side, which will get you between three and eight ships. Imperial forces tend to have more ships as TIE Fighters are dirt cheap.

Blimey didn't know such capital ships are being released! That's great! How do you know theyre going to retail for £65?

Also the Aces Expansion is not even out yet!

Soldato
Oooo you're in Hampshire! Shall we make it a date one night?:D

Bagsy being the imperials!:o

So I am :) I'm game (no pun) if you are (but just bear in mind I've just had a newborn so perhaps not in the next few weeks!).

Whereabouts you live bud? North Hants here, (Fleet).

E: And you can be the Imps if you like. Gives me a chance to try out the Falcon :)

Last edited:
Soldato
They're already up for sale on places like Wayland:

They're slightly cheaper on Amazon.

Pre-orders with a speculative release date.

Wow thanks. But both those ships are Rebel ships, what about the Imps?
Also I thought the Aces Expansion was coming out first?

Empire doesn't have any well known capital ships small enough to fit in the game. I don't think we will see any of the expanded universe ones such as the stormtrooper transport.

As for Imperial Aces, not heard of a release date but I'm guessing April time. Really looking forward to that as an Imperial player. Gotta love Squints and the 801st squadron.

Soldato
Pre-orders with a speculative release date.

Empire doesn't have any well known capital ships small enough to fit in the game. I don't think we will see any of the expanded universe ones such as the stormtrooper transport.

As for Imperial Aces, not heard of a release date but I'm guessing April time. Really looking forward to that as an Imperial player. Gotta love Squints and the 801st squadron.

I read the above thinking "pff Im sure there is something comparable to Corevettes on the Imp side."

After 10 mins of searching... words fail me.

Any idea whats in the Aces Expansion exactly Splodge? How many you getting?

Back
Top Bottom