Rig/Cruncher images and specs......

Soldato
main pc with 4690k + amd 290 tri x along side an evga gtx 970

what should become a second pc , notice how it has 3 pci slots :D only an i3 with 2 x 2gb of corsair ram but its more than enough as a folding pc , infact it would be fine as a daily pc as this was my daily pc lol just lacks an SSD

Associate
Its all going wrong, The Punisher will not boot with more than 2 CPU's installed.
All the CPU's work in position 1 or 2 all the ram is working but no boot beyond initialising......
Time to contact Supermicro and talk about RMA:(

Associate
Found out why she will not post:/
The cpu's are 2890v2 not 4890v2 so not built for 4 way install.
Contacted the seller to see what he can do.

Associate
Have returned to cpu's and purchased some more lower spec 15 core(4870) only to be contacted by the seller and told he is sending the 4890's out to replace the ones going back.
As a consequence I now have 8 15 core cpu's on the way:confused:

Soldato
Are you not able to DSR the new ones you bought? or are you tempted to do what MGP said? I remember you saying how much the boards were :eek:
I upgraded my twin Xeons and thought about selling the old ones, but ended up building another machine.

Associate
Would love to keep them and get a board but I need to sell lots of stuff off ,the intel 4p 64 and the SR-2 have to go along with all the duel 2011 rigs.
The boards are eyewateringly expensive and cost the same as a high end rig.
I am also adding M.2 ssd and a 1.6tb intel ssd to the build with Titan x if I can get it working.
Not to mention water cooling - typing it now it just seems like madness :eek:

Associate
Finally got a bios that works so build progressing.
Brackets to hold the rads built and fitted.
I got the wrong size pipe for my fittings so waiting for that to arrive and the water block mounts need trimming to miss the ram and heat sinks but nothing impossible to overcome:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom