The "Post your pictures here" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My first shot with manual(on any camera) on my new nikon d3200 with standard kit lens.

i have just ordered the nikon 50 1.8G as well, i am not into zoom photos so the fixed zoom should suit me well , any other recommendations for lenses for my new baby?

and comments on the pic lol not dont laugh it was 3am in morning

Soldato
My first shot with manual(on any camera) on my new nikon d3200 with standard kit lens.

i have just ordered the nikon 50 1.8G as well, i am not into zoom photos so the fixed zoom should suit me well , any other recommendations for lenses for my new baby?

and comments on the pic lol not dont laugh it was 3am in morning

Looks we've both recently bought the same camera :D

I'm no expert but to me your shot demonstrates a good amount of bokeh while remaining clear and sharp in the foreground. :)

Soldato
Looks we've both recently bought the same camera :D

I'm no expert but to me your shot demonstrates a good amount of bokeh while remaining clear and sharp in the foreground. :)

the kit lens only goes as far down a f 4.7 i think , once my 50 1.8 comes in a few days and my ND vari filter i am going to post some more ;) thanks for the comments

Soldato
5bja.jpg

itax.jpg

37ge.jpg

6h4t.jpg

yyjn.jpg

5dxh.jpg

jr1t.jpg

Soldato

While I'm not a huge fan of lens flare your second to last shot with the two models gazing off camera into the distance is definitely my favourite out of this lovely set. :)

Playing with my flash in the living room. Critique

I'll admit I've not really got any experience with portrait shots but for me your model appears a little over exposed on her face and left hand. Having said that focus is pin sharp and composition is good. You've also captured the emotional impact well with her lovely smile in my opinion. I'm sure others will be along shortly to add a further more in depth critique than I can offer. :)

And back on topic - here's three shots I'd like to share that I took in St Andrews last Sunday I thought suited b&w best:

My first shot I thought was quite quirky and I'd actually walked past it before thinking "this might look all right" and headed back to take the shot. I was going to make an attempt to age the last shot until I realised the energy saver light bulb kind of gives away the era :rolleyes:

Associate
I'll admit I've not really got any experience with portrait shots but for me your model appears a little over exposed on her face and left hand. Having said that focus is pin sharp and composition is good. You've also captured the emotional impact well with her lovely smile in my opinion. I'm sure others will be along shortly to add a further more in depth critique than I can offer. :)

Thanks :) Exposure is probably down to me playing with the exposure, I quite like very bright images and always up the exposure slightly in LR. Might have another play in LR and reduce it very slightly :)

Associate
I would agree with Sonea Fifer, it is a little overexposed, but nothing that couldn't be sorted out with Lightroom.

The only thing that I don't like about the shot is the purple curtain in the background. I'm sure Raymond and Willis will agree if you're taking a portrait shot, look behind the subject for any distracting objects.

Associate
Man of Honour
Couple of St Micheal's Church, Galleywood, Essex

church1_zpsd97e70b6.jpg

church2_zps80165a43.jpg

Played around with bracketing and HDR. The church tower need adjusting slightly which I'll do this weekend but otherwise, I'm happy with the results.

Stunning shots, in particular the last one I quoted above. the tone sets the mood perfectly. Very aspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom