What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
rode it into manchester, Had a 2 hour session on a restricted ER6N :) First big bike lesson, loved it. Feedback was ' coasting sometimes, short shifting and not getting up to speed quick enough'

All 3 i can sort immediately IMO :)

Booked next lesson for next wednesday and a 'pre-mod1' session for next friday. Theory test this friday and providing i pass, am going to phone up friday afternoojn to try and get me a MOD 1 booked in for ASAP after next friday

Associate
Made a tit of myself in front of two lads on scooters as the electric starter on the Vara isn't working and I was trying to bump start it.

But when I got home I took the L plates off :cool: Finally got my A license today so it's time to go shopping for a proper bike :D

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Cheers guys. 368 days since I failed my first Mod2 and got shafted by the new regs, but I stuck at it!

If the 1000 is a fair bit cheaper to insure than the 650, it's not insane to think about a litre bike, is it?..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201310029077182/sort/locasc/usedbikes/model/v-strom/make/suzuki/postcode/bs70jg/radius/70/quicksearch/true/page/1?logcode=p

Also looking at Versys, but they're harder to come by. Have to get on some test rides :D

That's a cracking engine if I say so myself :p

Soldato
Go for the 1000, these are very under powered anyway, I had the 650 and really always thought with more power it would be an amazing bike.

I wouldn't say the DL1000 was under powered as such, just softly tuned. It still has 105 bhp, it's not a slow machine.

However I know a chap that took a DL650 all over Europe, and he definitely felt a little more power would have been useful, so a DL1000 is the sensible choice IMO.

Soldato
DL650 is underpowered but it's a damn good engine otherwise.

Could be remapped i'm sure.

Doubt it would gain much. The same engine in the SV makes about 4bhp more due to different cams, so these could be swapped over to gain a little extra power (at the expense of some low end torque), but getting any significant increases over that is difficult without doing a lot of work.

Soldato
Doubt it would gain much. The same engine in the SV makes about 4bhp more due to different cams, so these could be swapped over to gain a little extra power (at the expense of some low end torque), but getting any significant increases over that is difficult without doing a lot of work.

If you can get it (which you can, easily) to over 70hp with better throttle response then that's all that would be required of such a bike. There will be enough torque to go with it and don't forget it all delivers pretty much low-midrange at the moment.
It won't be fun, but would be functional which is what you should expect from it at the price.

Could be worse, could be an NC700X

Last edited:
Soldato
Congrats mate!

I didn't really do anything bikey today but I did get myself a new Drift HD on saturday :D

Nice one, I am thinking of getting the new Ghost S or whatever its called too, purely because the GoPro mounted on a helmet is so bulky and wind drags is big style, I would also mount the drift on my lid and the GoPro somewhere on the bike :)

Soldato
Made the most of a nice day and gave it a wash!

Bd8ItFvCMAASPDl.jpg:large

After lunch, a short ride I think.

Back
Top Bottom