Your favourite type of thread - tyres!

Soldato
I've currently got BT016 tyres on the Street Triple which are great in the dry but as most of my use seems to be in the cold and wet I'm thinking of replacing them with something a bit more appropriate.

JHS is local to me and they've quoted the following prices for ride in ride out.

Pirelli Angel GT £270.54
Bridgestone T30 £289.54
Avon Storm 3D-XM £250.00
Dunlop Roadsmart II £245.00

Firstly, does anyone have any experience with the above tyres? I rode the T30s at the Ron Haslam race school but that was bone dry so hardly a good test.

Secondly, where's the best place to sell my BT016s? They're practically brand new so it seems a waste to bin them just because I don't like them in the wet.

Associate
I've currently got BT016 tyres on the Street Triple which are great in the dry but as most of my use seems to be in the cold and wet I'm thinking of replacing them with something a bit more appropriate.

JHS is local to me and they've quoted the following prices for ride in ride out.

Pirelli Angel GT £270.54
Bridgestone T30 £289.54
Avon Storm 3D-XM £250.00
Dunlop Roadsmart II £245.00

Firstly, does anyone have any experience with the above tyres? I rode the T30s at the Ron Haslam race school but that was bone dry so hardly a good test.

Secondly, where's the best place to sell my BT016s? They're practically brand new so it seems a waste to bin them just because I don't like them in the wet.

i have used the avons, and they were good, but nothign gives me as much confidense as michelin 2ct.
as for selling ebay!

Associate
Road tyre that's good in the wet and exceptional in the dry? Michelin Road Pilot 3's.

http://www.visordown.com/features/michelin-pilot-road-3-1800-mile-tyre-review/18694.html

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Road-3.htm

Mate runs them on his '09 Fireblade, gets near on 10k out of a set.

Once my Dunlop Sportsmarts have worn out I'll be fitting a pair.

I know tyre threads are a bit like pub chat, one man's gravy etc. But you only have to do a search to see how well received these tyres are!

Soldato
I've had road Pilot 3's on the last 3 bikes and loved them. Got about 8k out of them on my last bike before the bike got binned and at around 3k on my current set and they still look new, I ride 5 days a week through all weather and do approximately 75mile a day. Love them.

Associate
Just had Angel GT's fitted to the 'Blade. Have only ridden in the wet with them so far and haven't had any slippy issues at all. Looking forward to seeing how they fare in the dry :)

Soldato
Road tyre that's good in the wet and exceptional in the dry? Michelin Road Pilot 3's.

http://www.visordown.com/features/michelin-pilot-road-3-1800-mile-tyre-review/18694.html

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Road-3.htm

Mate runs them on his '09 Fireblade, gets near on 10k out of a set.

Once my Dunlop Sportsmarts have worn out I'll be fitting a pair.

I know tyre threads are a bit like pub chat, one man's gravy etc. But you only have to do a search to see how well received these tyres are!

I literally got a pair of PR3's fitted yesterday, replacing BT026's. I was laughing in my helmet this morning when I was pretty much cranked over to the edge at 60 coming off the motorway with TONNES of grip left. They are ****** fantastic tyres! I hope they give as much confidence in the dry.

Soldato
As said, PR3's are brilliant. I used to have them on my SV and they were fantastic.

I'm riding on Pilot Power 3's right now, which is the next step up in them for sports bikes, but they're nowhere near as good in the wet, I found out the hard way..

Back
Top Bottom