My new 50 1.8G on my d3200 dof experiment beginner!

Soldato
Here is my shots experimenting with DOF and trying to keep the exposure the same.
Complete noob at this only just ventured into Manual mode . comments welcome!
excuse the third one down , i didnt use selftimer .....;(

Last edited:
Associate
Setting the camera to A (Aperture priority) will do this automatically btw. You set the aperture to what you want, the camera will choose the rest of (what it thinks is) optimum exposure ;)

Soldato
The orchid shot, right up there with the duck shots we've all done.

Good start but you need to think about the composition more a single orchid centre frame is a bit dull to look at and all your shots looks a little under exposed to me. Still your doing the key thing your shooting and sharing which will certainly help you improve.

Don't get hung up on manual especially if all your doing is selecting an aperture and then adjusting the shutter speed so te meter tells you the exposure is right as all your doing is a slow version of what the camera does in aperture priority mode. Some people are a bit snobby about shooting manual when really a lot of the time it's not necessary and you'll soon learn when it is a help.

Associate
Also remember to look at the background.. It's a common occurrence with new photographers to have a brown, muddy background.. Try to avoid it if possible ;)

Back
Top Bottom