Full bike licence-Need to take Car Theory test?

Associate
You need to take the car theory, unless you have B1.

If you have B1 issued on your license after 1 July 1996 then you are exempt from taking the car theory.

Think you read it wrong, the 1st July 96 bit is for full moped licence holders who want to do a full bike test.

Anyone who passed their bike test before 2000 or 2001 not 100% what year? Will have B1 on their licence and be exempt from taking a car theory test.

Anyone who passed their bike test after that date won't have B1 and will have to do the car theory test.

Soldato
Ive got b1 on my license and still had to take the car theory when I did my car test although that was back in 2004 so not sure that still applies today

Associate
Take a look a a thread i started back in 2008, i had the same query, it turned out that i didn't need to take my car theory test because i passed my bike test before 1st February 2001 and was exempt from taking a car theory test.

Here is the link to the thread i started back in 2008 with info about this very thing.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sh...car+theory+test+hold+full+motorcycle+licence!

I think the links in that thread are dead now, but you could still phone the DSA to confirm this as i did, contact the DSA directly on this number > 0300 200 1122, or send an email to [email protected]

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom