Royal Maiil - more laughable than ever

Soldato
Royal Mail became a joke just before that takeover.
It's such a chore to try and post anything these days with them. Usually find you're waiting 4 years, in a non-moving queue, because the one person they have working, is dealing with an idiot who can't fill in a form correctly.
Prices are terrible, and it seems to take longer for things to actually get to their destination also. First class to 30 miles down the road? Sure, we'll deliver that in 1 week, maybe, if we can be bothered. :)

Special delivery has seemed alright-ish, although it should bloody-well be perfect, the prices seem to have gone way up... :(

Soldato
Sending any parcels without special delivery has turned into a gambling game pretty much, best of luck with the refund, I can't say I'm too optimistic for you though.

Soldato
If you spent a fraction of time using yours you'd work out that the post office WAS open (Saturday 7am-2pm) for them to tell me wait 48hours.

And does it take 48 hours for them to take a letter back to the depot?! I went atleast 2 hours after he'd attempted delivery near closing time.

Smartass :o

Good grief, I know depots are open Saturdays. Posties deliver parcels etc and any that haven't been delivered by the end of their day gets taken back to the depot. That means that they probably won't make it back by closing time, so the only time it can be picked up is the next working day which is Monday.

Do you really expect every non deliverable should be rushed to the depot so that some half wit can can pick it up ASAP. They would spend most of the day driving back and forth to the depot. It's nothing to do with being a smartass but everything to do with using some common sense.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
If you spent a fraction of time using yours you'd work out that the post office WAS open (Saturday 7am-2pm) for them to tell me wait 48hours.

And does it take 48 hours for them to take a letter back to the depot?! I went atleast 2 hours after he'd attempted delivery near closing time.

Are you high? If you aren't in then the letter/parcel will go back only when the postman is finished what he's doing, which could be at the end of the day. Then someone else needs to sort the letter or parcel into some kind of order and log it as undelivered so it can be found when you come to collect it. On Sunday they are closed, so going before Monday would just be silly.

Can't type for toffee
Don
:eek:

do you have them?

Stamp prices?
Seems to be the cost of one stamp is half a house mortgage nowadays ;) :p

http://www.royalmail.com/node/19350004
RM said:
Every 1st Class item is covered against loss or damage up to £20 or the value of the item, whichever is lower.
Compensation for valuables, such as money and jewellery is not available on this service.
Valuables (money and jewellery) and tems of greater value should be sent using Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed™ which is a tracked and secure service.
Find out more about compensation for loss, damage or delay for all our services.

Wonder if the old ones are available anywhere

Soldato
I purchased something from Ebay which was not as described so returned it by recorded delivery (item was about £45)

It did not arrive, there is no tracking info and the seller says it did not arrive

I filed a lost item report and finally after over 2 months I get a letter

"we wrote to Mrs xxxxx requesting confirmation of whether or not the item arrived but have not had a reply, I am therefor ASSUMING that we have delivered the item"

So on no evidence whatsoever they ASSUME it was delivered, clowns :mad:

They have included a pack of 6 stamps a reimbursement :p

stamps and snotty letter on their way back to them

Use one of the stamps to post the snot-o-gram. :p

Soldato
The postie should have written Monday or 48 hours on the card, but even 2 hours after you got the card is pushing it for a letter/packet/parcel to be back at the delivery office. He may have had another 4 hours delivery after he attempted to deliver your mail.

Even on a Saturday, which is usually one of the quietest days of the week he would struggle to be back before 2pm before the collection office closed.

Not quiet in the slightest at our depot. :(

Man of Honour
They wrote to them. via letter?

You should ask them to provide tracking information for this letter to prove it arrived.. and if not write to the intended recipient yourself !

Sold my shares last week so not fussed about RM anymore :D

Excellent. Keep us posted on how this pans out!

Associate
i had 2 first class items get lost with in the past month or so,so i am gonna report a lost item and see if i can get compensation,i am gonna use first class tracking infuture as you know it was delivered and the buyers are not lying..

Last edited:
Soldato

The letter does not go to a Post Office it will go to a Royal Mail depot. The driver will not get back to that depot until later in the day. The non delivered items then need to be sorted again to make it easier for you to collect.

Man of Honour
It's such a chore to try and post anything these days with them. Usually find you're waiting 4 years, in a non-moving queue, because the one person they have working, is dealing with an idiot who can't fill in a form correctly.

That's got nothing to do with RM though, that's the Post Office's problem.

Soldato
Another useful post?

Are you sort of person who only looks at the pictures while reading books? Because it seems you lack the ability to read.

Is it? In that case, does anyone know if Paypal cover for goods that are lost in the post? I am missing 3 parcels from 3 different sellers, so I am pretty confident its not the sellers but lost by Royal Mail.

Local sorting office seemed completely disinterested and said all post is out for delivery...

Bite! ;)

Back
Top Bottom