***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I know I've asked before and had a couple of replies but some may of missed it :)

I'm getting a ecig either today or tomorrow, I live right near vapeescapee but don't mind ordering from some where else if it's a much better deal.

Budget £30-35 what do you guys recommend?

Go into the shop, ask Jason what he'd recommend, he's been using/selling vape gear longer than most on here have been using them ;), also ask if you can sample a couple of different kits, he'll be happy to oblige and will answer all your questions however daft/dumb/stupid you think they are.

Associate
I'm looking into e-cigarettes and really like the look of the Greensmoke and ProSmoke... apparently they are the closest thing to a real cigarette that you can get from this kind of device.

Only question is: with fake cigarettes is it better to choose a white one or a black one? Im guessing a white one would look less conspicuous outside, but more-so inside.

Get a free sample from here http://uk.njoy.com/samples.html I say free, it'll cost you a £1 postage but it'll give you an idea of what they're like ;).

Soldato
I really need more juice. I've not got much that I really like at the mo apart from Tropical Space Pirate but I've sort of worn that out. Got I think 11 10ml juices coming that I've not tried yet from darkstar and vaping king so hopefully there will be a few keepers in there.

Soldato
Been trying out a few juices from Alba Vapours recently. Their Coconut Cream Pie is sooooo good, and Swedish Fish is a definite keeper.

Swedish fish does sound like it's up my street, they're the next place I want to try a few from. Only went with dark star because they have a 10ml for £1.50 offer on at the minute - was £1.00 when I got it, max of six bottles so I got six.

Soldato
Go into the shop, ask Jason what he'd recommend, he's been using/selling vape gear longer than most on here have been using them ;), also ask if you can sample a couple of different kits, he'll be happy to oblige and will answer all your questions however daft/dumb/stupid you think they are.

I didn't find them very helpful last time. No trail and sold me and the wife the evod, my wife took it back the next day because it just leaked all the time. They said there was nothing wrong with it and that she hadn't tightened it up enough. A few days later mine was doing the same thing.

So rather than get poor advice from them and rubbish kit I would rather get some first hand experience from you guys.

Associate
I didn't find them very helpful last time. No trail and sold me and the wife the evod, my wife took it back the next day because it just leaked all the time. They said there was nothing wrong with it and that she hadn't tightened it up enough. A few days later mine was doing the same thing.

So rather than get poor advice from them and rubbish kit I would rather get some first hand experience from you guys.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, doesn't sound good at all, things have certainly changed since I used to buy gear from him, he used to be very helpful. I used to use safercigs (Daz), vapeescape (Jason), iVapour (Toby), vapourworld (Paula), libertyflights (Abe) and cloud9 (Lisa), all used to give out great advice.

I'll leave it to others to suggest kit then mate, I haven't used any pre-made carto's, clearo's or atties for 15 months or so since I started re-building my own, and I've completely lost touch with all the new gear out now, when I last used them, the Vision eGo clearo had just come out along with the Spinner VV eGo battery lol.

Still surprised at vapeescape for giving out poor advice and service though.

Associate
Too late... I already ordered a Greensmoke started pack based on the many good online user reviews. Looking forward to trying it, especially when Im out drinking and the craving hits me. :)

Good for you, I hope you get on OK with it as the cigalikes are not everyone's cup of tea.

Nowt wrong in spending a pound for the Njoy either, it'll give you another one to compare with, plus it's always handy to have a backup ;).

Associate
Soldato
Soldato
So I'm all housebound and bored at the moment after surgery on my arm and I'm super mega bored, so I made this:

JQdde5z.jpg

Twisted 0.2mm kanthal contact coil. About 0.9ohm.

It does work well but I'm still of the opinion that coils like this are more for personal amusement than any real performance gain.

Surprisingly easy to work with though once it's twisted, it's quite stiff and robust and does what it's told.

9 wraps around a 2mm screwdriver if anyone's interested. At least I think it was 2mm, might be 1.5mm. So no point saying it I guess haha.

Associate
How is the itaste mvp? I've just ordered one coming from a the VH Star basic kit. One thing I'm hoping for is an increase inflavor.

Really good bit of kit. Smaller than I expected from pictures, really well made and the charge lasts ages. Using it with the aero at home and have to ramp up to 9 watts with the dual coil and then it gives a great vape.

My other clearos are mini protanks 2 that I tend to use out and about with the itaste V3 and with the single coil these run really well at 7 watts.

My problem now is that my juice is a coil killer and after 2 tanks it needs changing. Only juice I have found that keeps me of the real ones so will have to live with it.

Soldato
I've still got the batteries knocking about, my friend has the newer model to what I had and he said its fine its the Kangertech t3s are they any good?

I'll have a look at that link now, cheers

I haven't tried them nyself but they are supoosed to be very good, hardly leak, dual coil, great flavour.
I see there are ce5 style and vivi nova style, so go with what u think looks best.
These are 2ml capacity
http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/atomisers/aspire-bdcc-bottom-dual-coil-changeable-clearomisers/aspire-mini-vivi-nova-bdc-clearomizer.html

also you can buy replaceable heads/coils for them

Last edited:
Associate
I've still got the batteries knocking about, my friend has the newer model to what I had and he said its fine its the Kangertech t3s are they any good?

I'll have a look at that link now, cheers

I've got a T3S head, it's good a really easy vape, probably less hassle than my pro tank 2. My friend has been using them for months, very cheap and effective.

Soldato
Cheers guys, I think I'll get one of them tomorrow.

I used to make my own juice and still have all the bits to make some. Do they have a use by date? I've got a bottle of pre-mixed (by me) nic/pg/vg that's just waiting for any flavor to be added. Do you think it will still be okay? It's from July last year. I've still got some unmixed as well

Soldato
Really good bit of kit. Smaller than I expected from pictures, really well made and the charge lasts ages. Using it with the aero at home and have to ramp up to 9 watts with the dual coil and then it gives a great vape.

My other clearos are mini protanks 2 that I tend to use out and about with the itaste V3 and with the single coil these run really well at 7 watts.

My problem now is that my juice is a coil killer and after 2 tanks it needs changing. Only juice I have found that keeps me of the real ones so will have to live with it.

Is your juice quite VG heavy then? I was going to order a aero tank just off your picture as it looks very nice, however e cig wizard just opened a store in my town so I might go have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom