Letter from VirginMedia.... Outrageous ?

Associate
Where do I stand with the I must not be in the house when they come ? Its obviously my house and the PC they need to use is mine, and I wont be allowing them to use that If I am not supervising them.....

They're well within their right to only speak to/deal with the account holder. I don't think the letter so much dictates you cannot be there, but you aren't supposed to interact with them either. Just tell your wife the bits she needs to know and let her get on with it, I'm sure she isn't stupid.

At the end of the day, stupid people or not, they're coming to a strange house with people they don't know to attempt to fix a problem, if you're acting in any way angry or agitated - I know I'd be pretty on edge if a customer was watching my every move and after seemingly a few minutes of restarting equipment asking me to leave...

Associate
OP
I am not going to apologise for asking someone to leave my house...
I wasn't rude nor swearing - My wife and my 2yo son was both in the room and if remotely rude my wife would have gave me a telling off..

Associate
OP
I know I'd be pretty on edge if a customer was watching my every move and after seemingly a few minutes of restarting equipment asking me to leave...

Thats the thing. She wasn't restarting anything... Just unplugging the co-ax... plugging it back in.. Unplugging... plugging back in.

With regards to the strange house, I can understand that but I'm not going to leave the room they are in as they are also strangers to me/wife/son who we dont/cant trust to a degree.

Soldato
so called engineer - insulting

No, just a statement of fact. If you asked them were they got their masters degree from they would just look back at you with a blank face.

People who stack shelves aren't stock engineers, neither are people who run cables around your house and replace modems.

Permabanned
http://postimg.org/image/78fyntrr1/

Has anyone had anything like this from them before?

Received this letter this morning from Virgin Media.
few things to point out.... It isn't Miss.... Its Mrs , You've been told over 10times to address this and had 2 copies of marrige certificates.
I'm not a third party- As you full well know I am Mr Winter...

I wasn't physically abusive NOR verbally... I did however ask your so called engineer to leave after she thought unplugging the co-ax and plugging it back in 5times would fix an issue I've had for 7years.

This is MY house and If I ask someone to leave because

A - I was promised a manager/senior engineer and got someone who didn't know red from blue.
B - She spoke to me like I was some moron that knew nothing about PCs or connections.....

I asked her to leave AFTER she used the phrase.... I'm not physic... after a simple do you think unplugging that and just plugging it back in will fix the issue that actually lies with the cables under the road...

Any comments ? I've put in an order with Sky in the time being.

It doesn't matter if you know more than the engineer in the first instant. If OP had let them do their job they could have escalated it in the correct manner after their diagnostics was done.

Even if it is your house you should have let them do their work and it might never have come to this letter been sent.

"I asked her to leave AFTER she used the phrase.... I'm not physic... after a simple do you think unplugging that and just plugging it back in will fix the issue that actually lies with the cables under the road..."

How do you know it lies with the cable under the road, you don't work for Virgin Media. No-one likes a smart arse. :D

Soldato
for people who cant read the letter, I will use my amazing eye sight and copy it for you...

Dear Miss Winter

I am writing to you as the authorised account holder, at the request of Virgin Media senior management, regarding the behavior of a third party male during our last visit.

All our employees, weather located in the UK or abroad, deserve to be treated with the same respect they afford our customers. They are entitled to work in an environment free from physical and verbal abuse.

We understand it can be frustrating when things go wrong, and sometimes this can cause undue stress. However to enable us to ensure we give you the right help as soon as possible we do need your full cooperation.

As an interim measure i have noted your account that we will only deal with you, and no third party, i would appreciate it if you would instruct this person not to call us on your behalf in future, or to be present during any future visits to your property.

However i must advice you that if we receive any further reports of unacceptable behavior, virgin media may decide the best resolution would be to remove all services from your property.

Please be assured of our continued best attentions regarding your custom, and if you have any comments regarding this matter, please put them in writing to me at the above address.

Yours sincerely
Mr Toss pot

Yes im bored

READ THIS AND APPLAUD MY COPYING SKILLS DAMN YOU!

Soldato
I once had a bad engineer out from virgin who used some old cabling to put in our 2nd V box, the next engineer who came out to fix it when we were getting no signal on the 2nd box wasn't best pleased!

Other than that 1 instance have to say VM has been brilliant, even once posted on their forums about having a broken remote control and a new one turned up in the post a few days later!

Soldato
However i must advice you that if we receive any further reports of unacceptable behavior, virgin media may decide the best resolution would be to remove all services from your property.

Wonder if the OP would have to pay an early termination charge?

Maybe a good get-out if you're stuck partway through a contract :p

Soldato
in 7 years?

1. Replace Box
2. Replace cable between box and faceplate
3. Test and replace faceplate
4. Test and replace cable from faceplate to street junction
5. It's the cable underground

I'm not an 'engineer', well actually I could be thinking about it

Associate
OP
MrBell -
Its happening with every device in the house. I have had them provide new cables / fittings from the ground level up. Everything that can be addressed has been.... Leaving only the cable from my house to box left.
Everything that can be replaced has been including routers RJ45s.. etc. This DC issue happens over wire or wifi.

I am not going to apologise for asking someone to leave my house...

For the sake of just getting the problem resolved and getting the help you need to do so. Take a gulp of pride and just apologise, get it back on track and once its done its done, you don't have to deal with the situation again.

If it makes you feel better see it as your manipulating them into doing what you want by faking an apology.

Either way, get to the end goal in a polite and quick way.

Associate
No, just a statement of fact. If you asked them were they got their masters degree from they would just look back at you with a blank face.

People who stack shelves aren't stock engineers, neither are people who run cables around your house and replace modems.

I'll refer you to dictionary.com, brainbox. Nowhere does it mention masters degrees. And number 1 could quite happy accommodate the work those people do.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/engineer?s=t

a person trained and skilled in the design, construction, and use of engines or machines, or in any of various branches of engineering: a mechanical engineer; a civil engineer.
a person who operates or is in charge of an engine.
Also called locomotive engineer. Railroads. a person who operates or is in charge of a locomotive.
a member of an army, navy, or air force specially trained in engineering work.
a skillful manager: a political engineer.

I suggest that next time you check your "facts" before making yourself look silly.

Permabanned
MrBell -
Its happening with every device in the house. I have had them provide new cables / fittings from the ground level up. Everything that can be addressed has been.... Leaving only the cable from my house to box left.
Everything that can be replaced has been including routers RJ45s.. etc. This DC issue happens over wire or wifi.

Have you wrote to virgin media with a letter?

Stating that the service is unacceptable and if the issues isn't sorted out (that you deem it to be a cable under the road causing the problem) you will require for the service to be cancelled with no early termination fees.

Soldato
lol, now thats a first, getting disconnected from your Media Services Provider for abuse instead of moving service to another provider because they can't provide a good quality service.

Didn't see that coming.

Back
Top Bottom