Letter from VirginMedia.... Outrageous ?

Associate
OP
For those not reading every post. 7 years because ADSL is not really an option given the average speed of 1mb is far to slow.
She wasn't fit and given my wife is 7months pregnant and I have a lovely son of 2 already I am not interested.

I have just spoken to VM - Who have informed me that for me to be able to leave they require 12months payment... and the 30days notice...

Soldato
For those not reading every post. 7 years because ADSL is not really an option given the average speed of 1mb is far to slow.
She wasn't fit and given my wife is 7months pregnant and I have a lovely son of 2 already I am not interested.

I have just spoken to VM - Who have informed me that for me to be able to leave they require 12months payment... and the 30days notice...

If They are NOT providing a service that they advertised then threaten court action with the view to get back the money you have spent for a non working service or for them to cancel the contract.

see what happens

Permabanned

It doesn't sound like you have many options, so just send an apology letter to VM or get another engineer out and let your wife deal with them from now on.

Of course when a viable alternative is available and your out of contract, leave VM and let them know why.

Soldato
I asked her to leave AFTER she used the phrase.... I'm not physic... after a simple do you think unplugging that and just plugging it back in will fix the issue that actually lies with the cables under the road...

Lol :D

Should have just let her get on with her job and escalated it if she couldn't fix it, instead you were being a tool about it. The problem may have existed for x amount of time, but you should have been escalating it over the course of this time, not leaving it and whining about it. Who has a problem for 7 years with a service and continues to pay for said service without doing anything about it?

Also they can't demand 12 months payment unless you've taken out a new contract with them, have you? After 7 years your contract should be up, so you should be free to leave any time you want.

Associate
OP
Lol :D

Should have just let her get on with her job and escalated it if she couldn't fix it, instead you were being a tool about it. The problem may have existed for x amount of time, but you should have been escalating it over the course of this time, not leaving it and whining about it. Who has a problem for 7 years with a service and continues to pay for said service without doing anything about it?

Also they can't demand 12 months payment unless you've taken out a new contract with them, have you? After 7 years your contract should be up, so you should be free to leave any time you want.

Apparently we Signed.... a contract a couple of months ago which as you can guess we didn't...
with regards to me being a tool I wasnt.. Thats the thing! I maintain the fact I was annoyed - yes because I was promised the area manager... but I was in NO way rude unless you consider me asking her to leave my home rude because it was clear she couldn't fix the isuse. She took the hump and now this. I am considering contacting a legal rep to see where I can go with this. I have been promised compensation on every telephone call when the problem is sorted so they can look back at the time spent on it... but given the current timescale any reimbursment may prove as difficult as getting this fault fixed :(

Permabanned

If They are NOT providing a service that they advertised then threaten court action with the view to get back the money you have spent for a non working service or for them to cancel the contract.

see what happens

This indeed. If you don't get anywhere file a letter of complaint and see a solicitor.

Associate
Why 12 months payment? Surely in 7 years you have long passed your contact period, and if in that time the service was so bad you wouldn't have taken out a fresh service requiring a new contract??

I have just cancelled VM and only needed to give 30 days (have been with them 2 1/2 years)

Associate
OP
this is my dilemma now ... they claiming we signed/agreed to a new contract. can we ask for proof of this ? because virgin say this was done via a telephone call and no pen and paper.
Also in the letter we write, we will pay for signed for next day... and ask for them to write back within X amount of days. Given this problem what is a reasonable amount of days to ask for a reply by ?

Man of Honour
Perhaps if you hadn't let your knickers get quite so twisted, you wouldn't be stressing about this now.

This ends with you and Branson cage fighting.

Soldato
Reminds me of the service I got from Sky, a saga between sky blaming BT then BT blaming sky, they then tried to charge me for an engineer - a bill I didn't pay, that got bounced to debt collection, that I still haven't paid. COME AT ME SKY.

But seriously, they're all **** for service, your only hope is you find one that works.

Associate
OP
I suspect we are not getting the full picture.

May I ask why ? to be honest I could fill up 5-6 posts with this ongoing sega to give people the full story... but I've just shortened it into snippets.

I genuinely was not being rude. Infact whilst I admire the company sticking up for staff you would expect them to find out my/wifes side too before jumping to conclusions. It comes across and more delaying tactics =/

Permabanned
I think it's great that a company stands up for its employees.

Many people think they can treat people badly because they buy a product or service from the company that employs them.

Maybe you should have been a bit more polite. Here are the things I am reading that make me think you are less than pleasant to deal with.

It isn't Miss.... Its Mrs - whoopdedoo, nobody cares about your need to be addressed so specifically

You've been told over 10times to address this and had 2 copies of marrige certificates.- more aggressive sounding ranting

so called engineer - insulting

This is MY house - they are there for your benefit oh mighty one

someone who didn't know red from blue. - insulting

some moron that knew nothing about PCs or connections. - insulting

I'm not physic - can't spell

To be frank, it sounds like you were rude and someone didn't put up with it.

This.

I would be interested to know if it really is their house and not a house given to them by the government. The OP reeks of self-entitlement.

Associate
OP
I own my house and its paid for with my and my wifes hard earned cash thank you very much.
That suggesting I am on benefits is very insulting and also implies those on benefits deserve less rights .. hmmm

Permabanned
I own my house and its paid for with my and my wifes hard earned cash thank you very much.
That suggesting I am on benefits is very insulting and also implies those on benefits deserve less rights .. hmmm

Are you going to sue me as well as Virgin?

Back
Top Bottom