• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
I've had a number of driver has stopped responding issues in some games, numerous reports on nvidia forums. I'm going to test the modified Quadro version right now:)

Soldato
I've had a number of driver has stopped responding issues in some games, numerous reports on nvidia forums. I'm going to test the modified Quadro version right now:)

OK so far for me on 480 SLi. Few issues on COD Ghosts with the last WHQL (Had to use NVidia nspector to force SFR SLi rendering to keep weapon scopes from flickering) will try ghosts on these later.

Caporegime
Can any one confirm if BF4 is still broken? Just had a bf4.exe stopped working error and not played it in weeks. On the latest drivers with a complete DDU uninstall/install.

I should check other games but not in the mood.

Associate
Is there some kind of X-Fire issue in BF4 (DX11)?
The GPU taking much longer to satisfy each frame than the CPU, as shown in the bottom left hand corner.
testcase3_dx.jpg
It appears as if each frame is still waiting for the GPU despite being x-fired with a result of 78fps? What does the graph reveal here?

Caporegime
Well I was having some serious issues since going SLI and BSOD every 5-10 minutes and no matter what I did, it would still do it. After metest86+ coming back clean and it still pointing to the nvidia drivers being the cause, I was ready to smash up my computer. I thought I would give it one last shot with Display Driver Uninstaller and problem solved. What a gem of a program. I am running latest beta's and touch wood, no issues. Just looped heaven for an hour and no probs at all.

Tl: DR - If you have issues, give DDU a run. fantastic program :)

Caporegime
The GPU taking much longer to satisfy each frame than the CPU, as shown in the bottom left hand corner.
testcase3_dx.jpg
It appears as if each frame is still waiting for the GPU despite being x-fired with a result of 78fps? What does the graph reveal here?
Tbh, your graph looks pretty ok in that ss. Only wish mine was like that.

Caporegime
testcase3_dx.jpg

Lol. That is because each gpu is rendering a frame so you get double the rendering time hence the line above the cpu. Also that is on DirectX 11. Now take a look at the green rendering line under Mantle.

BdK0qhs.jpg

Associate
The latest drivers are working great for me with 2x SLI 780s, no issues at all really. I'd say that the past 4-5 months of Nvidia drivers have been good overall, some nice performance boosts - compared to the whole 320.18 driver episode (I, personally, had no problems with 320.18 but many did of course).

Soldato
testcase3_dx.jpg

Probably best to put this in the amd drivers thread as this is the nvidia driver thread.

Back
Top Bottom